Thirteen

Arthur stayed after school late. He was still at the school around five, in detention with Francis and Gilbert. He knew there was a concert a half hour after he gets out of detention, and if Amelia was there, he'd apologize and all that sappy stuff. He would apologize to Ivan though, the brute. He was a coward for not fighting back, so he wasn't worth his time.

He wished he still had some sort of chance with Amelia. He could only wait and see...

-∆-

Ivan sat in the car with Katyusha, holding onto the Jesus handle tensely. She'd never seen him that unnerved (besides when she drove him to school), and it made her anxious as well. They pulled up close to the auditorium, and Katyusha put a hand on his shoulder.

"It's okay, we'll all be here. Break a leg Iv." She wish him luck, but unfortunately, it probably won't help much.

"See you Katka." He waved, his red violin case in hand.

She drove off, leaving him at the school auditorium to get ready to play.

Everyone who was playing that night was in the auditorium before they would be going to their holding rooms backstage. The orchestra dorks, the band nerds, and the chorus snobs. They were all there. It would be a big concert. Ivan looked for someone he knew and could sit by...

There was Chun-Yan, the small Chinese girl who sat second chair in his orchestra. She was polite, but seemed weary around Ivan. He didn't know if he want to burden her, but it wouldn't hurt to ask if the seat by her was taken. He ended up next to her.

"I'm jealous, I've never been first chair. And I'm Asian!" Was one thing that came out of her mouth when she talked to him before the concert started. She was funny, but it was apparent that her and Ivan were two entirely different people, which made it hard to converse.

Oh well, it's only one evening. Just killing time before Ivan would play his heart out for Amelia. He was too excited!

Amelia was as well. She couldn't wait to see him up there, with and orchestra behind him, sharing his talent with the audience...

She walked down the hall of the school with her mother and brother. She was happy she was with her family to see Ivan, but dejected that her father was still out of town. She looked into a classroom as they walked to the auditorium and made eye contact with Arthur, much to her disliking.

"Go on without me and save me a seat, I'll be there shortly." Amelia walked back, and slipped into the classroom. Francis and Gilbert were long gone, but Arthur waited so he could catch her here.

"What was that?!" She yelled at him, anger flooding her mind as she stomped towards him.

"He came up on me first! I felt helpless, but when he stalked away I took the chance to defend myself." Arthur fibbed.

Amelia's mouth gaped open, "He wouldn't, you're such a liar. You weren't even touched!" She back-handed and shoved him, sending him toppling over a desk. He yelled in pain, his shoulder blade practically screaming.

"That was exactly what he did!" He screamed at her, his tone impatient. He got up, holding his shoulder.

Amelia shook her head repeatedly. "No no no, he wouldn't..." She glared at Arthur.