Ten

Arthur looked out the window, feeling bored. He couldn't focus on his homework, so he set down his pencil and watched Matthew pull up in the driveway. Amelia was in the car with him.

He felt excited to see her, especially outside of school. It might be weird to you because he could just walk over to her house, but he felt it was weird to walk over and hang out unannounced. That was just him, though. Amelia did that herself, which he thought was funny.

But what he didn't find funny was the fact that she started hanging out with Ivan. When he wasn't at school today, he felt blessed. He could spend more time with Amelia. He was trying so hard to get her to notice he loved her, but it was no use. She was just too oblivious.

But right now he wanted to think of how to keep Ivan away from her... He'd have to just keep her busy when he was around, or scare him off again.

Arthur really liked the sound of  the latter...

-∆-

"Can you believe next week is Christmas?!" Amelia shouted, spinning around a couple times.

"I know, exams are also next week for you." Matthew sighed. He had his exams the week before, he was already on winter break.

There was a three year age difference between Matthew and Amelia. Matthew was a freshman in college, while Amelia was a junior in highschool. They generally got along fine, but since Amelia had more of a backbone than Matthew, everyone thought she was the "cool" sibling. Matthew was obviously the older one, because he was a very mature young man.

"Do you want to go Christmas shopping for mom today?" Amelia asked him.

Matthew nodded, "Yeah.. We also need a tree, Christmas is next weekend and we still don't have one." He laughed shortly. He had an aesthetically pleasing laugh much like his sister, but nothing matched hers.

"Let's go in the evening though, I don't want to have to leave just yet. We just got home!!" Amelia exclaimed exasperatedly, practically sinking into the couch.

Matthew nodded understandingly, "Yeah.." He sat next her. "Let's just chill here for a couple hours before we have to get stuff.." He scratched his head a moment before speaking again. "Let's watch some Christmas movies to get into the spirit of the season before it's too late." He put an arm around his sister, turning on Freeform, where they were playing some quality Christmas movies (;0).

AN: Short chapter, but expect a crapton more chapters before the 25. Some exciting stuff is going to go down!!!