"January 1st"

-PLAY MUSIC NOW. If you do not have internet at this moment please read only if you have the music playing-

PCY POV

    It's was night time and I was watching the people walk around in the local park. I was so thirsty. It was January so the air was dry at night. I walked to the nearby convenient store. The lights were nice and white making me look white.
       It sounded like me and the cashier were the only people in the building. But then one of the freezer doors closed and a short boy with light brown hair walked into the light. He looks cold even know he was wearing jeans and a large hoodie.

       He had a struggle holding a case next to him. He acted as if it was heavy. It was small and red, the case had stickers from other places around the world on it. His smile was whiter than the lights in the room.  His pale face had a small strain of sweat running down the left side of his forehead. His ear buds would move to his steps.

      It wasn't the first time I saw this short boy holding the red instrument case. I've seen him at my sisters' concerts. She was a big pianist. He would sit in the back of the room in a wheelchair. Most people talked about him having troubles walking. "He was born like that." They said.

   This moment right here in front of me he looked fine. Walking on two feet. I've also realized how cute he was. He had brown eyes and a thin top lip. His smile was brighter than the sun and he smelt of Flowers's and a clean hospital every time he would pass me around this part of town.

    I never got his name. One day I was working cleaning tables at the cafe next to the Seoul ER. He came in every few days. Sometimes he had the red case and some days he would be walking with a cane. I've talked to him a few times. He seemed shy or as he never wanted to talk to me in the first place.
    I talked to Park Bom the girl who works in the back and puts the names on the cups she said every time he said "BAEK". That's was not his full name definitely.

    "Hello, skews me"

The baek boy smiled at me. I've been standing there for almost five minutes now.

"Oh sorry here." I moved away. The guy at the cash register smirked trying to keep a laugh in. My cheeks heated red. I walked past baek and grabbed a banana drink. And paid as fast as I can. "Thank you for shopping on January 1st" the man yeld to me.

     " I have to know more about baek."