“Hey!” I yelled, throwing the groceries on the ground and running towards them. “Let the girl go!”

The men startled but neither of them moved. I was just a couple of steps away, when the bulky guy came to his senses and shifted so that he was behind the girl, making sure she was standing between him and my clenched fists.

“What do ya want?” He barked out cockily from the safety of his position.

“I told you to let me go,” the girl hisses before I could reply. “You should’ve just done so!”

Suddenly, she tilted her head back with force, hitting the guy’s nose. With a loud cuss, he let the redhead go to cover the injured spot. The girl jumped forward towards the other guy and ripped the messenger bag free from his grip. Before I realized what was going on, she took out a tin container and sprayed both of her attackers in the face.

“When a girl says no, she means no!” She shouted, attempting to kick the man who was closer to her. He was twirling around, screaming at the spray burned his eyes, so she missed him and her foot collided with a nearby tombstone instead. I jumped forward, trying to restrain her before she could injure herself further.

“Calm down! Let me handle it!”

“Thank you but I think I got this now,” she replied so calmly that I loosened my grip on her in surprise.

She’d just gotten attacked by two stranger who wanted to do God only knows what to her and she’s being polite? She was even smiling at me!

I watched her too mesmerized to notice the culprits scurrying away, running into gravestones and each other since they could still not see properly. The girl before me was indeed one of the most beautiful I’d seen. Her petite heart-shaped face was splattered with freckles and her eyes… They were so unique! Even in the moonlight I could see they were not one solid color but had light specks scattered in the otherwise dark iris.

I’d like to draw those eyes, I thought as her smile widened.

“Erm, you are making me kind of uncomfortable when you stare like that,” she noted, tilting her head to the side and removing a strand of her long hair from her face.

“Sorry!” I muttered, looking away as well.

“I should probably go now,” she commented after a few moments of awkward silence between us.

“I could walk you home,” I offered on impulse even though I had no idea where she lived. I made a mental note call Alice so that she wouldn’t worry.

“Thanks, but I’m okay.”

“No, I insist!” I stated. Something always made me help a damsel in distress; I couldn’t just leave the girl alone with all that happened tonight.

“I guess you could walk me to the bus stop,” she said, picking up the bag and putting her spray in. “It’s just a few blocks away.”

I nodded and we headed to the church.

“Is that yours?” She asked, pointing at one of the snacks I’d dropped. Coincidently, it was the one Skyler had been whining about.

“Yeah,” I replied, leaning down to get my groceries.

“Let me help you with that,” the redhead replied with another dazzling smile and crouched beside me.

Not ten minutes later we’d gathered all the junk food and were waiting for the bus to arrive. Neither of us spoke until the vehicle stopped before us.

“Well, I’ll see you around,” she uttered, getting up from the bus stop seat.

“Maybe.”

“No, not a maybe,” she shook her head. “I know I’ll see you again... And soon.”

“Really?” I smirked, amused by her confidence. “And how do you know that?”

“I’ll tell you next time we meet!” She winked and the bus doors closed behind her.

Only then did I realize something: I didn’t even know her name.

*****

A/N: So what do you think? Will Caden and the redhead meet again? If so, how did she know that would happen? And what was that girl doing in a cemetery at night anyways?

Don’t forget to vote and comment!

The picture to the side was made by FanningEveryone.