Part 5 - Job

Christopher's P.O.V

As school finished Charlie walked home as i walked the street in peruse of a job. I asked around at different places to see if they needed an extra set of paws.

I wondered down the busy streets of people with little to no worries about what the future holds for them. I wonder if i even remotely had a chance of being employed. I was walking across the cross the road and peered into a local pub, there was probably one other fur in there apart from the bar tender.

I walk around to the door before walking in. The door opened to a bell being knocked instantly grabbing the bar tenders attention to me. He was white wolf with turquoise features and spoke with a crisp voice, "I can't serve you drinks but how can i help?" He said pouring a drink for the other for in the room.

"Umm i looking for a job, you know where i could get one would you?" I asked politely in case he was going to offer cause there's always. "Well, there's a Diner next door that opened yesterday that i occasionally manage. I recon i can get you some work if you interested" he said making my face light up. "That'll be great" i replied with, See go things come to those who are polite.

I got his contacts and left him with my number before leaving. I told him i won't be available tomorrow but from there I shouldn't have anything on apart from that. I left the pub and began walking home, i looked up at the sky and could see the stars as the sun began to set. It brought a smile to my face as I remembered staring up at the stars one night with some friends on top of the garage and the fun we used to have.

I finally got home and knocked on the door. Charlie greeted me as i walked in. I asked if he had had dinner yet and he said that he usually waits for Jason to come home. I suggested to cook sterfry if he was okay with that, making him blush a little with a smile.

I made dinner for both of us and had left overs which i put in a seperate bowl for Jason when he come home form work. We ate our meals on the couch and watched tv. We both laughed as we watched modern family which was one of my favourite tv shows. Once we finished i washed up before returning to the couch and sitting next Charlie.

"So why are you staying with us?" Charlie sprung out of no where. "It was you dad's idea" trying to avoid the question. He narrowed his eyes expecting more of an answer. "So..." he continued. "I don't feel comfortable telling you incase it changed your views on me" i stated hoping he would back off, but he didn't.

"I promise and cross my heart that nothing will change" he said in a promising voice still with a serious face. "Umm before i came to Bourke, i had ran away from my family and your dad had told me that i'd be staying with him a couple of weeks." I said as my eyes turned glossy from memories. "So whats the reason for you running away?"

I looked down at my lap hesitant to tell him, but then i remembered Jason said. "It was because i-i" i took a deep breath as i could fell tears coming to my eyes. "They d-didn't accept me after i had opened u-up to them" i felt tears run down my face, still with worry of what Charlie would think.

I felt an arm wrap around me pull me into his chest. I brought up my knees to my chest as I cried into his. "See nothing changed" he add petting my head.

I just stayed their for a while until i was over it. "I made your bed while you were out, if you feel like sleeping" i stood up saying thanks and made my way to his bedroom where he had a bed on the floor. I laid down without getting changed and fell asleep.

-Dream-
I appeared in the same room, still strapped to the chairs with the light flickering above me slightly. The black figure appeared out of nowhere after the light flickered. I felt like my heart was bursting out of my chest. He had a knife in his had and still had the blank face with no emotion that i could red.

He took a step closer, bending down eye level with me before murmuring."No one will ever accept you for who you are, not even your friends" and with that he shoved the knife into my arm causing shearing pain as he dissipated into thin air.

Maybe he is right, maybe Charlie was lying
-End dream-