Chapter 8

A/N I am sorry that introducing the fic has been so long but I hope that the pace will pick up a bit soon now that Otis and Olympia have been introduced we will be seeing Oscar, Oona, Ocean, and others, soon hopefully as the partners get to know odd squad better.
Otis's POV

My new patrner had now gotten me to speak more about myself than the last ten interviews I'd had, combined. She knew I had a fear of ducks, was 18, don't like pizza, but do like the box and didn't like gum until just recently. She knew I had a little sister but we had both been landed in foster care until by some miracle we were both adopted by the same family. She also knew that I lived alone now, hence my great need for a job.

In turn, I also knew far to much about her. She too, lived alone having got all the legal documents to live alone while still being a minor at 17. She was an only child but had always wondered what it would be like to have a sibling. She loved anything small and furry or feathery including ducks, the cursed creatures. She enjoyed reading, math, and watching anything happy. She really likes to smile and can't wait for her birthday in a month and being a legal adult. She loves pizza, and talking. Granted, the last one I had deduced all on my own before she gave any confirmation, she was also very honest. She told me, without the slightest hesitation, that my fly was down. It was an awkward few seconds.

After a while though I just tuned her out, and took a good look at her. She wasn't short but she wasn't tall either, as she only came up to about my chin. She had her hair pulled back again and was still wearing a smile that had to have had years of building muscles not to hurt. She was pretty but not in the same way as the girl who had given me her number, it was more of a cute type of pretty. She was skinny but didn't look malnourished. All together she didn't look heavily muscled as I would assume from her martial arts background but rather a more wiry muscled.

The day went by quickly with not many customers, but more than I would have expected. Eventually conversation died down as she realized I had given up on even the barest of grunts. When our relief came, I found it odd that there was at least two hours left on our scheduled shifts.

When someone called Coach O came to us, I knew it was time to take the physical examination. What I didn't know was that the exam was ping pong, laps, push ups and then finally after the coach was done it was a match, a martial arts match, where you could use any form of fighting you wished as long as it wasn't deadly. Not what was normally allowed in matches but far more fun.

After the physical examination was done the academic tests were run. The odd thing was that the majority of the academics didn't require any more than a third maybe fourth grade education.

Olympia questioned as to why, and the answer didn't seem to ease her mind at all as the response was a vague, "What we do doesn't require the normal form of education."

After saying this our examiner handed us each a book that could have easily been theee inches thick, and read on the front, Agents Training Manual. Olympia it seemed could not be happier with her situation while I was honestly just hoping this thing ended better with my new partner. Her smile reassured me and brought the cutest little blush to her face. It wasn't until she asked me if I was okay that I realised I had been staring. This was going to be interesting.
A/N sorry it is so late but at least it isn't  1 or 2 in the morning, for me.