35• Like a dream

Hopes POV.

Wicked is good.

That's what the end of the video had said. No one said anything. It felt like too much information needed to be processed. The flare, the cranks, Wicked, the trails, the cure. Everything seemed to fit together. 

But it was nothing like I imagined. I didn't really know what to expect but this wasn't it. The world was technically ruined. I wasn't the only one who was shocked and scared. 

All the others were as well. I noticed that we didn't seem to fit in. We were dirty, bloody, sad in this white clean room where people were cheering for the cure that had just been found.

The same man from before walked in with a smile the size of the glade on his face. He seemed like a crazy scientist who just cracked the code, he technically was.

"Okay, now if you could please follow me," His smile didn't falter once nor did the eye contact. He wouldn't keep his eyes off of Newt. What would he want with Newt?

The man, who I noticed still hadn't introduced himself walked out of the room as we all followed behind him. It seemed like corridor after corridor all white with many doors.

If we put one finger on the wall the room would be completely unbalanced, it all felt too clean and we all felt too dirty. We took a left turn and it seemed like a maze again.

He then reached onto a door handle and opened it wide. "Here you are, I will be back in exactly 20 minutes in time for your showers." He smiled and walked out.

Just before he could shut the door I saw a woman run up to him with many folders and a needle in hand. I got a small glimpse at the papers and my worry rose when I saw Newts photo on the front. A file about him.

Then the door shut with the quietest of sounds then we were alone. Everyone was being silent and I didn't know why until I turned around. A table filled with food fit for a Queen. It looked amazing.

It was until now I realise how hungry I was. My stomach ached with the lake of food lately. We all pounced onto the food taking what caught our eye.

I'm pretty sure we could keep doing this for the next 20 minutes. I grabbed whatever was closest and started to eat it immediately like everyone else.

"This is the one, the best chicken of all!" Minho said with a hint of a smile on his dirty face.

"How do you know that's the one?" Frypan said with a mouth stuffed with a steak.

"Well I don't want to walk to the other end of the table to get the other one. So this must be it," he said jokingly and ate away as a few people chuckled.

We only ate for what seemed like years but was only maybe 16 minutes. The man would be here soon to lead us to the showers then for some sort of testing? I couldn't stop thinking what the thing with Newt was.

Is he special? Different? I didn't care but they weren't going to hurt him, not at all. I wasn't completely sure about Wicked just yet. I mean the video showed us what they've done and why they sent us in the maze.

But they only spoke of the reasons to their methods. Not the emotions of us teenagers. We had gone through hell and back and they didn't seem to understand that.

Then the door opened and the same man came in with his classic smile. That all he seemed to wear on his face.

"Full?" He rhetorically asked, we could barely move. He chuckled as he told us that it was shower time. A woman appeared beside him, the same woman who had the folders about Newt.

Everyone around he seemed to wear only white. There was no colour whatsoever or any personality. He told us to follow him again and we obeyed. I was the last out the door when the woman stopped me.

"Hello dear, the boys are going to gave their showers you have to go to separate ones for obvious reasons. If you could please follow me." She said with a smile and started walking the opposite direction as the boys.

I followed her walking slightly behind her as she stopped suddenly at another white identical door. She handed me a white towel, soap, shampoo & conditioner, shaver and a new set of clean white clothes.

She left me there as I opened up the door to reveal the bathroom. I could definitely get used to this. It was just me in here and I was glad. I laid my stuff out on a bench in the shower and turned the hot water on.

I instantly sighed in relaxation as the water hit my sore aching body. I grabbed the soap and hair was stuff and used them all quickly in record time.

I grabbed the shaver and a small section of me told me to take out the blades and do what I haven't done in a while. Just out of habit. But I quickly overlooked the thought and started shaving my legs.

There was no more cuts on my legs or arms. Just scars, many many scars. All different lengths, width some spelt out the words that I cut into my leg the day of my suicide attempt.

It all seemed like a century ago. I quickly finished up in the shower and looked at the clock, I had taken 25 minutes. I turned the water off and it felt amazing to have a clean body, hair and clothes. Like a dream.

¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤

Hey guys I hope you like this, I know it was a bit boring but the next one will hopefully be better.

Also it's so late at night (It's morning) and I've stayed up just to do this so it's unedited :) sorry

Enjoy xx