High School

"Emily hurry up or we'll be late for our first day!" Jane shouted. Taylor sighed and swiftly knocked Jane on her shoulder.

"Chill out Jane. You know she's going to be nervous since she's a freshman and is giving a speech in front of the school since she got the top scores on the final exams..." Taylor said with a small frown. Anne pushed the two out of the way and headed inside the orphanage. The kids all shouted and surrounded Anne with bright smiles and even Connie was there to hug her.

"Emily is just trying to find the charm bracelet you gave her a few weeks ago. You can go in her room if you'd like." Connie said weakly. Anne smiled and rubbed Connie's head lovingly and mouthed "thank you". As she headed inside Emily's room she was greeted by a pile of junk and a suitcase. Emily was frantically throwing things around the room and stuffing clothes into the suitcase.

"What are you doing Emily?" Anne sighed. Emily turned around and smiled but quickly frowned.

"I can't find it... and I still have to pack clothes and other things up to move into the dormitory..." Emily continued to search but while she was doing that, Anne lifted a silver bracelet from the pile.

"I found it Emily. Plus we don't move into the dormitory today it's tomorrow you know..." Anne giggled. Emily dropped the clothes and collapsed on the floor.

"Really?" She asked and groaned. Anne leaned down and pecked Emily on the forehead and replied.

"Yes really. Come on we will be late and I don't want to miss your speech. I'm proud of you, no, extremely proud of you, the love of my life..." Anne said with a smile. Emily sighed and stood up to hug Anne.

"Let's always be together Anne... can you promise me that?" Emily asked as she blushed slightly. Anne laughed put the bracelet she gave Emily onto her wrist.

"Of course Emily... I couldn't imagine anything different..." The two stood there hugging for a bit until Taylor and Jane cleared their throats to make themselves known.

"Are you two done flirting? We have ten minutes to get to school so go get your bikes." Taylor said. Anne and Emily blushed and laughed together as they hurried to grab their bikes and ride to school. Once they reached the school the four hurried to lock them up and ran into the gymnasium to listen to Emily's speech.

"Knock'em dead Emily!" Anne said with a wink. Emily nodded and ran off to the stage. Anne sighed to herself and chuckled.

"What are you laughing at?" Jane asked. Anne leaned back in her chair and closed her eyes.

"I'm just so happy. Emily has changed so much since then. She even got over her shyness a bit so hopefully she'll be able to make so more friends hopefully..." Anne said. The lights went off in the gym and four people stepped onto the stage with one of them being Emily. One by one each top scoring class went and first up was the seniors top scorer, George Vox. He is a popular student but cares for no one but himself so his speech was just about how he was going to become great because of the school and so on. Next was Riley Wick, also known as "The Queen Bee", who explained how it was her job to ensure that the school year would be fun and exciting. After her was Joey Aldermen who actually made a decent speech about how he would help whoever needs it whether it's to study or any other problem a person may have. Finally Emily stepped onto the stage and cleared her throat.

"Hello everyone my name is Emily Ross. Many of you may not know me but I was bullied throughout my middle school years. Now this has nothing to do with the topic I will be speaking about but first I will say this... I know that there are cliques in all schools but a lot of people tend to get left out because of them. One of this people was me. I said I used to be left out but now I have wonderful friends and one of them happens to be my lover. Before I end my talk let me just say that if you don't have a certain group you're in then I want you to come to me. I want to help those who don't fit in. I will help you to the best of my abilities no matter the problem. Thank you for your time..." Emily walked off the stage and the entire gym was silent. Anne stood up and began to clap and whistle.

"That's my girl! That was great Emily!" Anne shouted. Then Jane and Taylor stood up and joined in which caused many others to do the same. Emily ran back to Anne and hugged her tightly.

"Did I do good?" She asked. Anne smiled and hugged her back.

"Yep you did great. For that I'll give you a reward..." Anne lifted Emily's head up and kissed her directly on the lips for all to see but no one cared. It's high school after all...