09

Tin tacked rain created ripples in the translucent puddles as the two sheltered under the bus shelter, a fair distance between them, mindlessly watching cars drive past.

  A mutual silence stood between the two, neither sure how to strike a conversation. Every so often, one would look to the other with a hopeful glance, hoping they would notice their desire to talk, but only to end up watching the drismal weather beyond their cover in hopes of the bus arriving soon.

  It was of a mere coincidence that the two met, a chance of fate some may say.

  Youngjae arrived a little before Yuri, needing to catch the bus for a street performance he and the rest were going to do (although the weather seemed to be against that plan).

  Yuri on the other hand had no intentions whatsoever but was persuaded by Min Yung to go shopping with her.

  Repeatedly, Youngjae tried to drop small hints of wanting to start a conversation, like 'accidentally' touching her hand which rested on the bus shelter's seat beside him, or taking a deep sigh in hope she may ask what's wrong but nevertheless, Yuri would only give a small response before returning to her isolation.

  Slowly, frustration and impatience was building up inside Youngjae, as his need to talk to her grew and grew.

  Deciding to break the ice, he turned to her, "Are you trying to drive me insane?"

  Yuri jumped at the hint of frustration in his voice and even more, at the statement itself, "W-What?"

  Running a hand through his hair, Youngjae let out a sigh, "It's almost impossible for me to be so near you and not able to talk!"

  Yuri flushed slightly, "Sorry, uh, where are you going?" She stared at him intently, waiting for an answer.

  Youngjae suddenly found himself shrinking, embarrassment and shyness overcoming him as the girl watched him carefully. "With my friends," He almost inaudibley mumbled, "H-How about you?"

  Multiple curses rambled on inside Youngjae's head as he stuttered and talked like a blubbering mess.

  Yuri smiled slightly at his stutter, finding this awkward and shy side of him utter adorable, "Min Yung asked me to join her."

  Youngjae nodded, not finding anything on his mind to say.

  It was strange. For once, Youngjae was the social wreck here whilst Yuri found herself  comfortable in talking to him.

  Letting out an icy breath, Yuri shivered slightly at the cold air, feeling her fingers slowly going numb and losing the sense that her ears even existed.

  Without a second thought, for the whole process was rather instictive, Youngjae pulled the shivering girl into his embrace, tightly hugging her into his warm body.

  Yuri was slightly taken aback by his action, finding herself rigid in his arms, but slowly let his warmth engulf her as she comfortably snuggled against him.

  "Thank you." Yuri mumbled softly, her head pressed against his chest as she watched water running across the ground.

   Youngjae was glad that she could not see him, for his face was beet root red as it burned up considerably.

  Embarrased was definitely a word he would use to describe at this moment, but he wasn't going to lie.

  Youngjae was enjoying every second of this.

  Few minutes passed and blaring lights tore down the street.

  Yuri stepped away from the intimate moment, much to the male's dismay, and stood near the edge of the bus shelter, awaiting the large vehicle's arrival.

  Youngjae followed up, stopping beside her watching the bus slowly drive to a halt.

  "Are you sitting with anyone?" Youngjae asked as they allowed an elder get on first.

  She shook her head with a smile, knowing what he was really asking, "You can sit with me."

  Youngjae happily smiled as he cheerfully followed behind her onto the bus, a slight bounce in his step.

  Sliding in beside her onto the seat, Yuri stared out into the window as the bus gradually began to drive forward whilst Youngjae kept his eyes on her.

  Youngjae took this moment to appreciate the girl beside him as a small grin graced her lips whilst she watched the rainy scenery outside.

  Yuri wasn't anything outstanding, she didn't have eye catching looks that would make somebody stop and look twice, nor did she have perfect curves in her body. Yet Youngjae found himself attracted to her

  Yuri held a pure and innocent aura, she was like a fresh breath and instantly would calm him just looking at her. Twice more, Youngjae loved her for her compassionate and docile personality, and the absolutely adorable sound she made when she smiled. Even her smile brightened his day, a smile which always contained pure happiness and joy.

  To others, Yuri may just seem completely ordinary with nothing special, but for Youngjae, everything about her captured his attention.

  Unexpectedly, the bus rode over a bump, jumping Youngjae out of his thoughts. Letting out a yawn, Youngjae rubbed his eyes.

  He really should've got more sleep last night rather than staying up all night composing.

  Suddenly, a hand placed around him and pulled his head onto Yuri's shoulder, catching him off guard.

  It took a few seconds for the shocked boy to realise his head was on Yuri's shoulder.

  Yuri glanced down at the flustered boy and giggled slightly, "You really should sleep more."

  Youngjae mumbled something inaudible, his face, yet again, burning up because of this girl.

  Does she not realise the intimacy of her action?

  Youngjae was glad slightly at this girls naievity, because it would mean he would get to have more moments like this comfortably with her.

  His heart raced, as an idea popped into his head.

  Now could be the perfect time.

  Gathering up his courage, he took a deep breath and closed his eyes with anticipation as he said the terrifying sentence, "I really like you Yuri."

   Yuri hummed in confusement, looking back down from the window, "What did you say?"

  His eyes instantly blinked open.

  "Ah-ah nothing!" Youngjae squeaked with a flushed face.

  He couldn't tell if he was happy or disappointed that she misheard the confession.

  Closing his eyes, Youngjae soundlessly fell asleep on her shoulder, listening to the patter of the rain against the window.

~~~

  MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Thank you all so much for supporting this story despite my really irregular updates. I don't really say this much because I am a really awkward person when it comes to this sort of stuff but I love you all so much. Thank you ❤

  I hope you all get what you wanted for Christmas and have an enjoyable time with your friends and family! And for those who don't celebrate Christmas, keep safe (well all of you keep safe) and enjoy the break of school :p