•Two•

Chapter: Two | POV: [Y/N]

"Who's your boyfriend?" Brianna asked with a chuckle. Bo tensed up at this, and I turned to him to see if he was okay. He looked down at me, his eyes saying, 'I thought we're just friends?' I mouthed, 'it's fine, she's just teasing,' and he nodded.

"Ha, ha, ha. So funny," I rolled my eyes, "this is actually my new friend Bo. Bo, this is Brianna." Bo said hello, and Brianna returned the gesture. "C'mon, sit down," I said, sitting down and patting the seat next to me. He sat down, and instantaneously, Brianna started to question him. She was firing them off so fast, it looked like Bo was afraid. "Brianna, I think you're overwhelming Bo. Why don't you slow down?" I said, giving Bo a smile. He mouthed, 'thank you,' and I nodded.

"True, true," Brianna said, "well, how about we get some coffee?" I nodded, and Bo followed suit. "It's my turn to order, isn't it?" She asked, grabbing her credit card. "What do you two losers want?" Bo froze. Good going, Brianna. I patted his hand, and told him it was fine, that she was just joking again. "You sure you two aren't together?" She teased, and I glared at her. She just put her hands up in defense.

"I'll have the usual, Bo?" I said, turning my head towards him.

"Uh, I'll just have an iced latte," he said, and turned around to grab his wallet from his pocket.

"Bo, you don't need to pay. When it's our turn to pay, we pay for anyone that comes along with us," Brianna said, shaking her hand at him and standing up, heading to the front counter to order. He nodded his head and looked down at his hands, still holding his wallet.

"Sorry, she's-uh, something," I said to Bo, looking at me and just shrugged in response. He's not very talkative... Brianna came back to the table after ordering our drinks, and right when she put her credit card away, the barista called her name. She groaned, complaining about the fact that she was about to sit down, and went and grabbed our drinks. Handing them off, she finally sat down and took a drink.

"God, it's so warm in here," she said, and Bo and I started laughing. "What are you two laughing at?" She demands, glaring at us. We were starting to laugh quite hard because she had managed to get whipped cream on her nose. She stood up, slammed her hands on the table, and screamed at us, "Are you guys retarded?! Just tell me!" Bo's laughter started to die down, and he just stared. "Oh, I'm sorry Bo, I say that a lot," she said apologetically, seeing his hurt face.

"It's not you, turn around," he said, and I looked behind Brianna, who turned around, "That's my ex, we haven't seen each other in three years," he claimed, staring at his lap, his hands shaking a bit.

"I know this is really shitty timing, but I have to use the bathroom," Brianna said, running her fingers through her hair while getting up, and walked to the bathroom. Thanks.

"Hey, it'll be fine, she can't hurt you, can she?" I reassured him. He turned to me with an expression I couldn't read very clearly.

"Hey, uh, I know we just met and all, but I need you to pretend to be my girlfriend, if she were to turn around and see me. Can you do that? Please?" He asked quickly, his eyes moving frantically. I was taken back by this, but what do I have to lose? He's obviously nervous, the least I could do was help him.

"Oh, um, sure, if it helps," I say, trying to be nonchalant.

"Okay, just, pretend we're acting or something," he says, smiling, he remembered I like acting, "so just follow my lead." I nodded my head, and as if it was on command, his ex turned around and saw him. "Shoot," he muttered under his breath. He then turned to me, whispering in my ear, "This is funny. What I'm saying is 100% funny. Laughing. Just laugh, or smile at least." I nodded, but I didn't need to fake it, that actually made me laugh.

"Bo? Is that you?" She said, starting to walk towards our table. He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"Hey Rachel," he said, faking a smile. She sat down across from him, as if we actually invited her to sit down.

"Who's this?" She said, pointing her finger at me, not making any eye contact. Bo looked at me, and I blinked, as if I was telling him to go ahead and say what he needs to.

"This is my girlfriend, [Y/N]. [Y/N], this is my ex girlfriend, Rachel," he said, motioning a hand to either of us when he said our names. I gave her a smile, and she did the same. She started to ask him questions, simple stuff about how his life has been since they last talked. She then started to ask him about me. He looked at me, signaling for me to do something. I nodded.

"Hey Bo, I have to use the bathroom, I'll be back in a few minutes," I said, kissing him on the cheek. He replied with a simple 'okay.' I didn't actually have to use the bathroom, I was going to go look for Brianna. When I pushed the door of the women's bathroom, I saw Brianna standing with a surprised face. I looked behind her, seeing all the stalls were empty, and pushed her back in. "We need to get Bo out of here as soon as we can. His ex walked over to the table, and I have to pretend to be his girlfriend, long story short. What should we do?" I say quickly, and she hums, thinking of a plan. Her eyes lit up, she has an idea.

"Super basic, but let's tell her we have to go meet up with my sister for dinner?" She suggests, and I nod, signaling we'll do that. We walk back from the bathroom, seeing that Rachel sat down in my seat, Bo had also looked really uncomfortable. Excuse you, that's my seat. She looked up and saw me and sighed, and went back to where she sat at first. "Hey Bo, we have to go meet up with my sister for dinner, remember? We need to be there in about 15 minutes, and it's on the other side of town," she said, and turned to Rachel, "long story short, we need to leave right now."

"Oh yeah, sorry about that. You all set [Y/N]?" Bo asked, turning towards me. I nodded, grabbing my coffee. "It was nice seeing you, Rachel. Bye now," he said, grabbing my hand, intertwining our fingers. Brianna and I gave a little wave, and Rachel did the same, but winked at Bo. He's my boyfriend, stop flirting with h-. Wait. We aren't even dating for real. I shook my head. We walked out and we started talking, but something caught Bo and I's attention.

Footsteps.