•Four•

Chapter: Four | POV [Y/N]

"Yesterday," Bo says, and looks at his lap.

"Yesterday? Why?" I ask, rubbing my thumb on his arm. I must've overstepped my boundaries doing this, because he flinched immediately.

"Long story, we don't have time for it. You guys probably don't want to hear my pathetic shit. Let's just continue playing," he says, attempting to change the topic.

"Bo, you can tell us anything. If it makes you more comfortable, we can tell you ours," Brianna says, and I nod, agreeing.

"I guess, but don't judge me please," he sighs, and Brianna and I agree that we won't. If you judge someone by their self-harm scars, put yourself in their shoes. It's difficult to talk about, so if anyone opens up to you about it, accept them for who they are, don't judge them. Okay, now that I'm done with my little mind PSA, I ask who wants to go first for the second time.

Isn't that ironic? (I'm so sorry don't hurt me)

"I guess I will, just because I caused this whole thing," I say, and tell my story about how I was bullied, parents are alcoholics, ex's, etc. I pulled up my left sleeve, revealing my forearm, and Brianna tells her story.

"Well, my mom died due to her giving birth to me, and my dad tried to raise me for my whole life, but it went downhill once I reached high school, 10th grade to be exact. He would constantly drink and abuse me, always pointing out the fact that I killed my mom. I couldn't take the pressure, and, well, this happened," she says, pulls up her sleeves and shirt, revealing her forearms and stomach. They weren't too bad, but worse than mine. I was too much of a pussy to do anything drastic.

"My turn, isn't it," Bo asks, and he sighs, "well, I've never had a very easy life. I have two siblings, well, had. They both were bullied very severely at school and ended up killing themselves. My parents got in an accident with a drunk driver and both died, so it's been just me since I got out of high school. I was the one that kept encouraging my parents to go on a date, and the night they finally did, they died. I regret that decision. I felt like they deserved a night off for just them due to the chaotic household, and it killed them, and me. It's been really difficult without anybody. I've never gone to any family events, so I've only really talked to my household family, but I guess that's not an option anymore." Bo had had a couple tears running down his face, and when he pulled up the sleeves, I teared up. They were horrific. He looked at his lap, trying to avoid all eye contact. I look over at Brianna, and nodded my head towards him. 'Hug?' I mouthed, and she nodded. We walked to him on our knees and hugged him. At this point he broke. He just started crying more, worse than this morning. Wait, this morning! He wanted to kill himself! That's why he ran out in front of my car! That's why he was crying! It all made sense. We all hugged for a while, it was nice. We wanted to show Bo that we were there for him. We pulled away, and Bo was completely calmed down. "Pretty dumb, isn't it?" He said and laughed at his self-depreciating question.

"No, Bo. We're sorry that you've had to go through all of that. Again, you have two friends who care about you. We want you to know that you're important. Personally, I'm glad that I stopped my car this morning. I'm so happy that I made sure that people would see more of you. We have each other's backs, okay?" I comfort him, and he nods.

"Thanks, I'm glad you stopped too. Or else, I wouldn't be sitting here, talking to you two. And I'm glad I am," he smiled through his tears, and I hugged him again. I scratched his back while hugging him, and he made quite the noise.

He moaned. I pulled away from him, trying to hide my smile. "Somebody's happy," I teased, and he punched my arm lightly. "What do yo-" I started, when a screaming Bo interrupted me.