Chapter Twenty Nine

4 weeks later

Skye had made it to LA and managed to secure a place on Trudy's bedroom floor for the time being. She had planned to get a place of her own but her new job didn't pay much. There had been no news about Nathan since she arrived and she was attempting to block him out of her life. She needed to start fresh so Trudy had helped her attempt to move on. Trying to get over him was the hardest thing she had ever done. But she was learning to live without him. Yet, just the mention of his name made her heart flutter.

"The best thing to do is to block him out. It makes it hurt less," Skye had told her mother, "I'm practically over him."

Trudy had tried to convince Skye that she, herself would have been way better off with him. But Skye hadn't told Trudy anything about Jace or Jonathon. What Trudy didn't know was that if she had been in Skye's position she may not have survived everything that Skye had.

"We're going to this party tonight," Trudy told Skye. "You know I hate parties," Skye replied. "But Skye," Trudy whined. "I'm not going, Trudy. You can go. I'll stay here."

"Right, I am sick of you sitting around on your ass all the time feeling sorry for yourself! You have to forget Nathan! You're going to this party tonight whether you like it or not!" Trudy snapped. Skye frowned at her outburst but didn't say anything in reply.

"Cheer up," Trudy told Skye as she got out of the taxi. "I'd be happier if I wasn't here," Skye mumbled as they headed for the house in painfully high heels and tight, clingy dresses. Trudy knocked on the door and was welcomed by a young man about her age.

"I'll get us a drink," Trudy said before leaving Skye alone in a room full of intoxicated teenagers. She looked around the room whilst leaning against the wall. This party reminded her of Jace. It reminded her of things before she became Nathan's girlfriend.

Skye glanced over the sweaty bodies and someone in the corner of the room caught her eye. She frowned and stepped closer to him. His gaze met hers before he exited the room. In a sudden panic, Skye barged through the dancing teens until she was at the other side of the room. She exited through the door he previously had before looking both ways to find...nothing. In frustration, she shoved past the various smokers and down the driveway. She didn't want to be there. She wanted to be back at Trudy's house in bed with some popcorn and a chick flick.

"You alright?" someone asked with a British accent. Skye spun around to see someone emerging from the shadows. Her heart skipped a beat. There he stood with a cheeky smile on his face. His hair in its usual mess, his shirt clinging to his toned torso and his arms folded across his chest.

"Did you miss me?" he questioned. Skye wanted to sob. She wanted to fall to her knees and cry as she was filled with hundreds of different emotions. "You're okay," she managed. "Ha! Yeah. You didn't think I'd let you leave without ever hearing another word from me, did you?"

Skye couldn't stop herself as she almost jumped into his arms. She breathed in his familiar scent making her heart race. "I've missed you so much," she told him with tears running down her face. "I've missed you too, Babe," he replied.

"Don't ever leave me again, Nathan," she whispered and kissed him. "Never."

A/N: Short part, I know. But I didn't want to leave you all screaming about Skye abandoning Nathan for too long.