Chapter Nineteen

The hard knock on the door woke Skye up immediately. She rubbed her eyes before quickly rushing over to the door. She was the only one in the flat so she assumed it was one of the guys or Kelsey wanting to get back in. Skye unlocked the door and pulled it open.

"Sorry, I was asleep. Don't forget your key next time," she said before looking at the person in front of her. "Jace," she gasped. "Thank god you're okay," he spoke, his voice laced with concern and placed his hand on her cheek. She frowned and pushed it away.

"Why are you here?" she asked. "I had to find you. I had to see that you were okay. I've been trying to find this flat for days."

"You can't just turn up like this," Skye snapped. "I think you'll find that I can," he replied, becoming angry. "Go home, Jace. I don't want you here," Skye told him then attempted to shut the door but Jace lodged his foot in front of it.

"Jace!" she snapped and tried to push him away. Tom's laugh could be heard nearby and Skye opened her mouth to shout him but Jace quickly covered it with his hand and pulled her into the flat. He locked the door and turned to Skye.

"I've missed you," he told her with a sickly smile on his face. Skye was furious. "You know, when I first met you I actually thought you were a decent guy. I thought that maybe we could've had a future. But then I became Nathan's girlfriend and you tried to protect me from someone that wouldn't even dream of hurting me. So now you just look like an arse. So go home, Jace. Leave me alone."

"Leave you alone? Ha. I've only just got started, Skye," Jace tucked some of her hair behind her ear and she shivered at his now threatening voice, "you see, I spoke to your little boyfriend, Casey was it? He was very helpful and told me a lot about you. He told me your weaknesses, what makes you scream, how I can make you do whatever I want. It's a shame though. Casey was a nice guy. I guess he's better off now." Skye's stomach flipped.

"W-what do you mean he was a nice guy? W-what did you do to him?" Skye stuttered. "Oh, I couldn't have him spreading the word about my little plan so I had to keep him quiet. He told me to tell you that he really did love you. His last words were about you. Oh, how touching," he explained with a devious smile on his face.

"Y-you killed him?" Skye almost whispered with tears in her eyes. Jace winked and Skye felt sick. She suddenly realised her fate. She realised why Jace was here. And there was no way out.

"Let's have some fun shall we?" Jace spoke. Skye only took one look at him before running into the bedroom and slamming the door shut. She shoved a chair under the door handle as Jace started banging on the door. She quickly rushed over to the window desperate for an escape. The key wasn't in the lock, meaning Tom had taken it out to prevent Skye from leaving the flat for her own safety. Little did Tom know that there was a murderer in his flat right now.

Skye panicked as she looked around the room, desperate for some way of getting out. She grabbed hold of a deodorant can and slammed it hard into the window. But it didn't smash the glass. She literally had no way of escaping and her phone was on the sofa outside the bedroom. Skye had little time left as Jace was close to breaking the door down. Trying to act less defeated than she felt, she slid underneath the bed and squeezed her eyes shut.

The loud crashing noise signalled that Jace had broken down the door. Skye couldn't stop the tears from rolling down her cheeks as his loud footsteps got closer and closer to where she was hiding. Her heart skipped a couple of beats as the duvet was ripped up from the side of the bed. Jace grabbed hold of her arm and dragged her out from underneath the bed.

"Get off me!" she yelled, trying to make it seem as though she was braver than she felt as she tried to pull him off her. He gripped her arms with both his hands and looked down into her eyes. "I never told you the real reason I left Utah," he told her before dragging her out of the bedroom. He pushed her onto the sofa and quickly bound her hands together with duct tape. Skye couldn't hold back her sobs as he sat her up on the sofa then sat down in front of her on the coffee table.

"Let me tell you a story," Jace began. They were both aware of Tom banging on the front door but Jace knew he couldn't get in and Skye knew she would soon be dead so they ignored him. "I moved away from Utah because the police were looking for me. Do you want to know why they were after me?" Jace asked her. Skye didn't move or say a word. "Answer me!" he spat as he grabbed hold of her face, his fingernails digging into her cheeks. "W-why?" she stuttered as fear took over her brave composure. She'd given up.

"I met a girl named Jade. She was sweet, like you but she betrayed me, again, much like you. I went to her flat one day and locked us both in. We had some fun, Jade and I. At first she wouldn't do what I told her but once I had smacked her around a little and threatened her sister's life, she obliged. After Jade had calmed down and accepted her fate, I killed her. It felt so good having my hands wrapped around her neck as the life drained from her body. There were two girls after her who betrayed me. I killed them both too," Jace explained and gave Skye a psycho killer look.

He tucked some of her hair behind her ear and kissed her cheek. Skye shifted her body so she wasn't as close to him. "And now," he said as he grabbed hold of her face once again, "I'm going to do to you what I did to them."

Skye let out a loud sob as she knew that the end of her life would definitely not be pleasant. Jace stood up and turned away from her as he took his jacket off. Skye filled her lungs with air knowing that this was her last chance. "Tom!" she screamed desperately and Jace immediately turned around, "Tell him I love him!"

Jace's hand made contact with Skye's cheek, the impact making her fall back on the sofa. "Skye!" Tom's muffled voice called, "Nathan...help...soon."

Jace grinned and checked his watch. "You love Nathan? Aw, how sweet. I'll make sure to tell him that you were thinking of him and willing him to come to your rescue. I'll make sure he knows that you were counting on him saving you as you failed to fight me off. We haven't got much time now, Skye. So the less you struggle, the better," he told her before looking her straight in the eyes, "You're dead."