Chapter Nine

"What's the story with you and Casey?" Nathan asked Skye for what felt like the millionth time. She sighed and looked down at their intertwined fingers. The two of them were sat on Nathan's sofa. Skye was curled up by his side as he had his arm round her protectively. "What's the story with you and your parents?" Skye replied. Nathan rolled his eyes and thought for a moment. "Okay, I'll make you a deal. I'll tell you about them if you tell me about Casey," he said.

"You go first," Skye told him but Nathan shook his head. "You first," he replied. Skye didn't protest she just nodded. "I met Casey a few years ago. He got close to me and convinced me that he would be good for me. He wasn't, I can tell you that now. I was his girlfriend for three years. I trusted him and loved him so when he did what he did I really didn't want to believe it," Skye explained.

"What did he do?" Nathan asked. Skye shook her head. "You tell me something first," she said. Nathan sighed as he thought about Skye knowing about his past. He trusted her and he wanted to let her in. She was special to him.

"I mixed with the wrong crowd and did a lot of things I regret. When I turned sixteen I moved from England to here so my parents wouldn't get hurt. I messed things up for them so I had to give them a better life. To do that, I had to leave. But that was years ago..." he trailed off.

"What? What happened?" Skye questioned. "You continue," he told her.

"Casey told everyone my biggest secrets and he spread pictures of me wearing next to nothing all over the school. That was when I lived in England. But I moved all the way to LA with my mum to get away from it all. Casey came to America and found me and he tried to get me back. Being stupid, I took him back but that only lasted a week before people at college started to give me shit for it. I told Casey to go back to England and that was the end of it until I saw him with you and Trudy at the movies," Skye explained. Nathan held her hand a little tighter and kissed her hair. "He'll never hurt you again, Skye. I won't let him," he said. Skye breathed out and kissed the back of Nathan's hand.

"What happened to your parents?" she asked him. He took a deep breath before telling her. "Last year they were in car crash. The police said it was an accident but I know that it wasn't. I know that someone tried to hurt them," Nathan looked down at Skye, "My mum died in the crash and my dad was severely injured. I couldn't go back to England because I knew nobody wanted me there and I couldn't put my dad in anymore danger. So I missed my mum's funeral."

"Oh, Nath, I'm so sorry," Skye said and turned to look at him. He was frowning and had tears in his eyes. Skye hugged him tightly which took Nathan by surprise. He didn't expect her to care. He hugged her back and kissed her cheek as she pulled away. She was now straddling his lap. "You have no idea how much I want you," Nathan whispered as he traced patterns on her skin with his finger. Skye leaned towards him and pressed her lips to his. Nathan pulled her closer and kissed her back.

"You already have me," Skye whispered as she pulled away from him. It had been two weeks since Jace had told Skye that he'd get her away from Nathan but nothing had happened. Skye knew that it was dangerous but she didn't want to be taken away from Nathan. He wasn't her type and she wasn't his but they wanted each other. Skye couldn't remember a time when she had craved someone's touch as much as she craved Nathan's. His kisses lingered on her lips for days and all she wanted was to be with him all the time.

"Where's your dad?" Nathan asked Skye. She stayed quiet for a moment, not happy that he'd reminded her of him. Nathan kissed her shoulder to comfort her. "He walked out on my mum and when I was nine years old," she replied. Nathan nodded and kissed her cheek. "No one will ever hurt you again, Skye. I won't let it happen," he told her and she nodded.

"Thank you, Nathan," she said and kissed his forehead. He kissed her neck and her jawline and she bit her lip. She wanted him to kiss every part of her body. She belonged to him and she had finally realised that. Skye liked it. She liked belonging to someone. It made her feel safe. Especially because she belonged to Nathan and no one dared to challenge him.

"Skye, you're my girl," Nathan whispered as he laid her down on the sofa. He kissed her passionately and her stomach flipped. "I want to keep you safe...because you're mine...and nobody can change that," he said between kisses. Skye smiled and sat up so she could continue kissing Nathan. She placed her hands on his tattooed arms and he relaxed them. Nathan pulled Skye closer to him and smiled against her lips. "I want to kiss you...forever," Skye whispered and kissed him again. Nathan's kisses became more urged as their bodies got closer.

"Nath?" someone called from the foyer. Skye reluctantly pulled away from a pissed off Nathan before he stood up and walked over to the door. He opened it and Tom, Max, Jay and Siva appeared. "We know that Skye's here but we need to talk. We've brought food and movies," Max explained. Skye grinned and shuffled up the sofa as Nathan sat down beside her. The lads made themselves comfortable in Nathan's living room and the television was turned on.

"Max, head into the kitchen," Nathan said. He kissed Skye on the cheek before following Max out of the room. Skye didn't seem bothered by it and continued watching the television. "So tell us, how did you meet Nathan?" Tom asked. Skye looked over at him and smiled. "Just at college," she replied.

"No offence, Skye, but you're not exactly Nathan's type of girl," Jay piped up. "I know. Nathan and I sit together in history so that's how we got to talking and things went from there, I guess," she explained and the lads nodded. "Sorry to interrupt story time, Lads, but we're done here," Nathan said as he came back into the room.

"Aw, but the movie has just started," Tom whined. Skye laughed as Nathan sat down beside her. "Tough shit. We can have movie night another time."

"Fine," Tom sighed and stood up. "See you later, Skye," he said as the lads left. Nathan smiled and kissed Skye's cheek. "Come on, gorgeous. Let's go to bed."

Being with him caused Skye nothing but trouble. But something about him kept her wanting more and more. She was hooked on Nathan.