Chapter 10🌷

"Its ok if they don't trust me mom," Annabelle said to Suzie "I wouldn't trust me either."

She leaned against the wall folding her arms.

"Cheerie, I'm really sorry we kept all this from you,"Suzie began.

"I'm past that now," I replied "Who is she?"

"Annabelle," Suzie began raking her fingers through her hair. She looked very exhausted and a hint of anxiety had snuck into her seamless features, making her look older than she was. But who am I to say. The mid-forty year old woman I had known all my life turned out to be an ageless vampire. With a daughter that stood like her twin by her side. Something I never knew.

"Your mother and I, in our younger days used to visit this world alot," Suzie continued ,"By then Selena was  having an affair with of one of the Vampire lords and wanted to keep a low profile. I on the other hand wanted  something different. So I began dating one of the human guys. Trust me there's something thrilling about dating humans." She chuckled

" We met at a bar one of those Friday nights and seemed to hit it off pretty well."

" It wasn't long before Selena got pregnant so we decided to have the child here for safety reasons. Of course I was the only one aware of this. When Selena's water broke  I rushed her to the hospital and My boyfriend ended up being her doctor."

I listened intently to her story watching a sad smile on Suzie's lips as  she spoke.

"Before she gave birth I was feeling a bit dizzy and had to sit for a while. Long story short I found out that I was pregnant as well. James was so glad," she chuckled as she said this. "We left our children here and returned to the vampire world."

Suzie fell silent then. Guilt must have been eating her alive. Just the thought of leaving her newborn daughter.

"My father took care of us for a while then he disappeared for some reason. We were put into foster care but that didn't last long. At the time I was the only one, who knew Sherize was a vampire and I tried to sustain her with my own blood. When the foster home found out they kicked us out and threatened our lives, so we ran away. We had no one to turn to So we kept running, travelling to different towns like the strays we were. We were about ten at that time,"Annabelle continued.

"I had no where else to go so eventually I turned to the church. When they found out we had no where else to go they took us in. At first no one knew and we were getting along very well. But then Sherize thirst grew more intense and she went wild. I tried to keep the others from noticing it but that was hard since nuns were dying of blood loss everyday. So naturally we were the suspects. Sherize became harder to control everyday."

"But then Selena came here and took her away," Suzie finished " She gave her off to some old friends from the vampire world."

"I remained at the church," Annabelle continued. Suzie glanced at her "It was what I wanted at the time."

"We kept in contact on and off over the years. Annabelle began to take an interest in witchcraft like me." Suzie boasted.

"I also did some exorcist work at the church. So currently I'm the strongest one amongst you." Annabelle finished.

I gritted my teeth. Nicole's grip on my hand loosened until she finally let me go.

"Annabelle has perfected her skills, now she is really strong," Suzie said.

"Hmph, If what you say about me is true I doubt she can come close to my power,"I spat their eyes widened.

"Ofcourse," Suzie replied "You're a destructive weapon."

"But as of now you have no skill or power. You're basically useless and our weakest link," Annabelle said. The nerve on this girl. She turned towards Suzie.

"Right now rescuing Selena would be a suicide mission."

Something in my head clicked. I lunged towards her bearing my teeth, slashing at her face with my out stretched claws only to cut thin air. She had shifted! Quicker than it was for my brain to imagine. A nasty smirk on her lips. She was holding a necklace out.

"You cant beat me vampire," she whispered smiling. A deadly hiss escaped my lips. My mouth opened slightly as my fangs grew longer. "This will be fun," An evil glint in her eyes.

" Bind," She said, holding out her necklace and I dropped to my knees. What is this power? I struggled against it, while she just looked amused. Suzie, Nicole and Mr. Auguste were staring in awe.

I chuckled "You reallly want to push me, don't you, bitch."

She crackled " You're the one who's on your knees."

She moved closer to me until she was right in front of me. I slashed at her, unable to make one hit. "I used my witch powers to enhance my exotism, I'm the only one who can move in this situation."

"Your talk is big," I pushed myself against the restrains trying desperately to get to my feet.

Slowly, I began to stand again
" For a lowly human," I smiled and lunged at her again. She froze in horror.

"Repel," Suzie said  casting a barrier between us knocking me off my feet.

"Enough you two," She snapped. "Annabelle I brought you here to help Cheerie not to get yourself killed."

Suzie gave me a worried expression. Slowly my fangs and claws began to retract. Replaced by a burning lump in my throat.

"That was amazing," Nicole whispered.

"She broke through my restraints easily," Annabelle said, behind Suzie the barrier still separating us.

"She is stronger than I thought, " Suzie said, "But now that she has awakened her vampire side. It wont be safe for you to be around her anymore."

I closed my eyes and clutched my throat trying to comprehend the soaring pain. It was driving me insane.

"Water," I whispered, through my patched lips.

"Here," Nicole said, pushing the bottle of blood towards me. Never had something smelled so sweet to my nostrils. I overturned it into my mouth and drank to my heart's content.