Ctd🍁

Out in the hallway Sherize was leading me to our next class-P.E. She began to give me a quick orientation of the school.

"This is the cafeteria , we call it the cafe for short there's one indoors and outdoors. There's the main area, vending machine, fruit bar" she said, gesturing to the open space which was filled with lunch tables.

There were only three colors -yellow,green and white. The school's colors I presumed. The cafe was empty, the walls were painted a lime green and the floor was covered with white polished tiles. She lead me outside which also had lunch tables with huge white umbrellas . From where we stood we could see the track field. She lead me left, towards a corridor and opened the first door.

"These are the lockers changing room etc. You can use mine," She gestured, to the empty room and opened the second door I nearly gasp at how huge the room was at to the center an indoor pool!

The coach was dressed in a black t-shirt and knee length pants . The girls were in one piece suits  and the boys in  swimming trunks. They stood by the pool, focused on the teacher. I was a bit distracted by those bare chest though , mesmerized by them. To my embarrassment the whole room was interrupted by an ungodly sound.

An ungodly sound which was coming right from my stomach! I gave Sherize a weak smile . I hadn't eaten the sandwich Suzie prepared for me. By now the entire room was staring at us.

"Miss Rese, Miss St.Rose you're late I hope you have a proper excuse!" the coach bellowed turning towards us. He was a black man.
Sherize spoke up sounding irritated.

" With all due respect sir I was showing Cheerie around the school and we all have heard that monstrous sound," she stopped and looked at me and grimaced, I smiled. " We are going to miss today's lesson,".

"Miss Rese if you as so much-"he injected, furious.

"Mr. Auguste!" Sherize barked at him , her voice echoing through the large room.

" I was appointed to take care of this girl and that is my duty,if you have a problem with that I suggest you  take it up with her mother, Selena St.Rose!"

I glanced at Mr. Auguste who stood dumbfound, but what frightened me is that he looked scared. Did he know my mother? I thought as Sherize was dragging me put of the room.

"I'm sorry about that," she said smiling trying to compose herself. "But in my defense that was the nicest way I've ever been when I'm upset".

I stared at her baffled. She lead me to a lunch table and we sat down. I opened my bag and took out the sandwich and ate hungrily. The bell rang and not before long the cafe was filled with students. The coach saw us and gave us the coldest look. Sherize gave him the middle finger behind his back.

"Would you like anything?" she asked now that there were people behind the vending places.
"Spring water would be fine," I said "And maybe an apple or a banana to snack on, "

She got up and went to the fruit bar which was filled with people. I looked around and noticed the better half of the children were staring at me and whispering to themselves. Sherize came back faster than I expected with the water and a banana . She noticed the children were staring at me and how uncomfortable I felt.

"Hey!" She called to a particular group at the lunch table. "What are you looking at huh!" She called, and they quickly turned their heads . I laughed quietly, it seemed Sherize Rese ran this school. I took a sip of my water and began peeling my banana.

"Always making a scene huh Sherize?" A shrilly voice said and we turned. A redhead approached our table . Her eyes were cucumber green and were shielded behind thick glasses. Freckles decorated her face. She was carrying a red tray with a cheese sandwich on a small ,white plate, an apple box juice , a thick slice of chocolate cake in a container and a banana. She was wearing a jeans T-shirt dress which stopped just above her knees.

"Cheerie this is Nicole," Sherize said. "My best friend," I offered my hand which she shook.

"I heard about the incident by the pool," she said. Then paused "I'm proud of you for controlling your temper,"

"Thank you thank you," Sherize said and took a bow. We burst out laughing.

*time lapse*