Ctd🍁

"Mom!" I exclaimed, my voice echoing through the house.

I walked into the dinning room and there she was knee deep in her cook books. She didn't look up as I entered and I didn't bother having a sit.

"Mom who is Sherize and how does she know us so well ?What's going on?"

Suzie stood behind me with the can of paint on her hand.

"Selena I think its time," Suzie said, placing the can of paint on the table.

My mother finally decided to look up from her books.

"Have a seat Cheerie,"she said, and gestured towards the chair across the table.

"I don't want to sit," I said, trembling.

"Sherize is my god daughter Cheerie. When Suzie and I were going on business trips this is the place we visited thats why everything is so settled and organized and its your first time being here."

I tried to keep my composure although I was screaming inside. Why did she lie to me?

"Fine," was all I could manage and made my way to the door.

"Where are you going?" my mother called.

"Just blowing off some steam ," I said, slamming the door behind me. I ran into the thick forest that surrounded my house.

"Cheerie!" Suzie called, out from behind me.

I knew she would try to follow me but I meandered deeper into the forest.

I ran over trigs and logs, dodging thorns and bushes, as far as my legs would take me, until I felt exhausted. I slowed down holding onto a tree for support. The air was cold and little light seeped through the trees.

I sat at the base of the tree and held my head in my hand. How could she?

Selena's P.O.V

I ran upstairs into one of my suitcases and pulled out my scrying ball. I closed my eyes and chanted a few words from memory. I slowly opened them and before me I saw Cheerie sitting at the base of a tree crying.

I breathed a sigh of relief. The image slowly faded and Iplaced the scrying ball back into my suitcase. Suzie was now standing in the doorway. I turned to face her furious.

"What the hell did you tell her Suzanna!" I screamed.

"Nothing that she shouldn't know!" She shouted back.

"What the hell do you mean?" I asked lowering my voice to a deadly hissing sound. Suzie sighed.

"Selena you will not always be there to protect Cherrie, she must know that she is in danger!"

"And what would that do?" I fired back, " I have already cleansed this place and set up the barriers ,it is safe."

"For how long Selena? Your father has placed a bounty on your head and that child. Do you think it will take them forever to find this place? Do you think that the barriers will hold forever?"

I remained silent.

" You are putting Cheerie in danger because of her ignorance and you will regret it."

I sighed deeply. Suzie was right, Cheerie needs to know about her dangerous powers and the various people that are seeking to harm her.

Yes, I made this place safe but for how long? My father is relentless and will stop at nothing to see my blood shed.

"Go get her Suzie," I said and with that she disappeared into thin air.

Cheerie P.O.V

Back at home my mother and Suzie left occasionally ,claiming it was "business" trips staying weeks sometimes months away from town.

During these times I was left alone and I hated it. I felt vulnerable , watched, I went home as early as possible as my mom instructed and always slept with my rose necklace.

When I was young my mother told me that I was a single child and we had no other family, I grew up to accept that. I didn't know how to feel after she said that to me, but I know there was more, much more. Darkness had enveloped the forest and the animals began to make their sounds. I stood up and stared around me, it was evident that I was lost.

The twigs behind me began to rustle and the hairs on my body stood. I held my breath and slowly began to inch away.

"Cheerie," a familar voice said "Come here."

I walked toward the voice which held my hand and lead me out of the forest. Which was now pitch black.

The person had no flash light, yet saw me through the darkness. My heart beat quickened. What had I gotten myself into?