Chapter 9 🌷

Selena P.O.V.
"Order!" My father was shouting "Order in this court please."

He was desperately trying to settle the buzz of whispered that had been growing since my verdict. It was now screams of rage that emitted from the crowd behind me.

"Traitor!" a woman shouted.

"Thief!" another one said but I stared intently at my father. Trying to keep him distracted from the spell I was casting. Yes, as vampires we were intelligent creatures but we were completely oblivious to magic. At this point Sherize was the only one who could detect what I was doing.  I could feel her heated gaze on my back. Her silence as I casted the spell troubled me. I quickly pushed these thoughts aside and concentrated...

Cheerie P.O.V

"What's happening?" I asked looking down at the necklace. Suzie gazed at me.

"Its a spell," She stated "Selena trying to contact us ."

My mother I thought as I looked at the rose pendant. Somehow the more I stared at the crimson red the closer I felt to her. Like she was right there in this room beside me. I could hear the voices around her and feel the quick palpitations of her heart.

"Cheerie!" a distant voice called but it seemed so far away. My breathing became short and quick. Then the library around me disappeared. Before me stood a tall brown alter. People with crimson red beady eyes were staring at me. Their glares filled with rage and hate. A man was speaking before me. He seemed to be the head of it all. I gasped internally as I realized that he..

"Mom," I whispered and as quickly as it came the place vanished. Suzie was still sitting beside me. Nicole was standing gazing at me intently.

"My mother I saw her," I began.

"You know where she is?" Nicole asked.

"Well no,"  I stated "There was this place before me an alter. It was like I was seeing what she saw." They all remained silent. "Whats going on Suzie?"

"Its a location spell She used the rose to track you," Suzie replied thoughtfully. "That also means you can track her."

"It goes both ways but anyone who knows this spell can find either one of you," Mr. Auguste finished.

"Exactly," Suzie replied "It makes me wonder why she would you such a spell in the first place." They were all silent again, deep in thought.

"She must be in grave danger."

"Do you still feel that connection to her Cheerie?" Suzie asked.

I stared down at my necklace, its crimson glow was gone. "No," I said.

"In that case," Suzie began, as she got up. "We need to get out of here."

"Are you ok?" I asked as she steadily made her way to her feet.

"I'm fine, this isnt enough to kill me," she brushed me off. "Books come," she stated and suddenly four books appeared in her hand.

"This is the power of my magic. Magic that you have within you as well, Cheerie," she said, as she flipped through the pages of the first book.

"They tried to capture you because you are the first half breed of this millennia and with witches powers at that," Nicole finished.

"So there were others like me?" I asked.

"Ofcourse, but you are the first of your kind." She sighed "The others were murdered."

A chill ran through my spine. So I was the only one of my kind in this world. A half vampire half shape shifter, witch.

"We need to get out of here," Suzie said. "But you need to awaken your powers if we have to get your mother back Cheerie."

My powers, I thought.

"I did some training with Dre when we were at his hideout," I replied.

"You need some more. A true witch takes years to discover and perfect her power," Suzie began as she handed me the first book.

"A true shape shifter takes years to perfect and maintain her forms. Timing and appearances are everything" Nicole continued.

"It takes years for a new born vampire to control their thirst and incredible speed and ability," Mr. Auguste followed. I couldn't help but smile to myself. They were doing all that they could to help me.

"I will show you a few basic spells before we leave. Hopefully it will give you a chance to defend yourself," Suzie said.

"And I can show you the easiest and basic form to maintain to at least give you a chance of escape." Nicole stated.

"And I can show you basic sword combat to help you fight," Mr. Auguste tossed a sheathed knife towards me.

I pulled it out and examined the blade. Its sharp edges glistening in the dim light.

"What about my mother?" I asked.

"Dont worry after the trial she will be locked up and an execution date will be set. Hopefully, we'll rescue her before that time,"Suzie stated.

"Now stand lets begin."

I stood up with the knife in my hand clutching it tightly. Then a huge rumble came from above us. The library doors began to shake. Books began to fall from their shelf.

"What is this?" I asked, panicking.

"They're here lets go," Nicole took grab of my hand. Suzie and Mr. Auguste followed suit. The doors of the library flew open, we disappeared.