Assignments

"What?!" Minako screamed. "The assignments for the Grand Prix were posted?!"
-
"Crap, crap, crap!!" The triplets all said in unison, looking at the computer screen, blanket over their head.
"Do you 3 have any idea what time it is!?" Yuko screamed at her kids.
"But mum, the assignments!" Axel arugued.
"Crap, crap!" The 4 of them said, huddled around the computer.
-
"Yuri, the assignments were posted!" Yakov said, walking into the room where Lilia was drinking her tea. Yurio walked out of the bathroom and looked up.
"Where? Where'd the little Japanese piggy get assigned?"
-
The sound of confetti poppers filled the Katsuki's main room.
"Congratulations!" Everyone cheered.
"Thanks," Yuuri said stiffly.
"Okay, I'll announce what events you'll be competing in," Viktor said, but was interrupted by one of the triplets.
"Wait! Since the Katsuki family doesn't know much about ice skating, we'll break it down for you," said Lutz(?)
"Oh, yes. Thank you," Hiroko said, bowing her head slightly. After she said that, Axel stood and removed a piece of cloth from something, revealing a banner saying: 'Figure Skating Grand Prix Series'
"Where do they get this stuff?" (Y/n) asked out load, sitting beside Yuuri's father, Toshio. Earning a laugh from the older man, he shrugged his shoulders.
"They're kids. We can't explain anything kids do," he answered, still slightly chuckling.
"True, true," responded the (h/c)(-ette) female.
"What is the figure skating 'Grand Prix Series'? It's a competition where the skaters with high scores from the previous year compete in a maximum of 2 out of 6 competitions worldwide. The top 6 skaters will then advance to the Grand Prix final, which will decide who's #1! Yuuri's been assigned to the 3rd event, the Cup of China! Yuuri's former rink mate, Pichit from Thailand, will be there, too," Axel explained. After she had mentioned the Thai males name, (y/n) threw her hands up and rocked back slightly.
"Pichit-kun!" She slightly shouted, earning looks from everyone.
"Hehe, sorry," she laughed nervously, looking away.
"Anyway, his second event will be the 6th competition. There, he will go up against his fated rival, Yuri Plisetsky!" Axel finished, her and her sisters do poses.
"Wow, Yurio! Davai, davai!" Mari cheered, holding up two paper fans. Wherever those came from.
'So, I'm already facing Yurio in competition,' Yuuri thought, getting nervous.
"You'll be minding the house during the season, okay Makkachin?" Viktor said, petting his dog. In return, he got a lick on the cheek.
'That's right. It'll be my first time without Viktor in the lineup,' Yuuri continued on in his mind, not noticing that (y/n) had moved beside him.
"What's wrong, Yuuri? You seem distressed," the female asked, concern lying in her tone.
"Oh, u-um. I'm fine. Just thinking, that's all," he responded, giving a slight smile toward the (e/c) eyed girl. She nodded, still reluctant to let his dampened behavior go.
"I bet if you show up with Viktor as your coach, they'll think you stole him from the sport," Takeshi 'joked', laughing at the end.
"Yeah, I bet skating fans worldwide hate you now!" Yuko played along, a finger in the air.
"You're not helping, like, at all!" (Y/n) whisper-shouted, staring at the married couple.
"W-we're on your side, Yuuri!" Yuko quickly added.
"Yeah! I'll be cheering you on this season," Minako exclaimed, standing up and holding a banner with Yuuri's name on it. "First up, the Cup of China!"
"Wait. Yuuri..." Axel started to say.
"Last year, in nationals..." Lutz began to finish.
"I think I finished 11th because I messed up my prep," Yuuri finished for them, fear evident on his face.
"Oh, so you'll have to compete in block championships," Takeshi wondered, arms crossed.
"Hm?" Viktor asked, resting his arm on Yuuri's shoulder.
"You'll breeze right through those," Takeshi tried to encourage him, waving his hand in the air.
"Oh, and Minami will be competing there, to!" Axel said.
'There's that name again!' (Y/n) exclaimed in her mind, her memory flashing back to the boy that had followed her earlier.
"Yeah, he beat Yuuri last year. Minami Kenjiro of Kyushu, said to be the star amongst younger skaters!" Loop exclaimed.
'That's right, it's already been 6 months since December, when I thought I was done for,' Yuuri thought, remembering his loss at last years Nationals.
"We'll be cheering you on this season," Toshio started. "Good luck."