Skating Practice and Nightmares

That morning, Viktor woke Yuuri and I up so we could start running.
Viktor was on a yellow bike while Yuuri and I were running.
"Goodmorning!" Viktor shouted to a fisherman we passed. Looking behind me, I noticed Yuuri falling behind. I stopped and waited for Yuuri to catch up.
"Wh-why'd you st-stop, (y/n)?" He asked, very out of breath.
"Because, I wanted to run by you," I told him, not feeling effected by the run.
-
-
When we got to the ice rink, Yuko, her husband, and her 3 kids were all behind the counter with wide eyes.
"Hello! I'm Viktor Nikiforov and I'm Yuuri's new coach!"
He said, waving. The family behind the counter took in 3 breaths and screamed, in unison, "Viktor's going to be Yuuri's coach?!"
-
-
We we're all behind the wall, watching Viktor skate. When he did a quad flip, I heard Yuko beside me squeal.
"Don't worry, I've got this, mum!" "I'm taking the video!" "Can I upload this?" Yuko's three kids asked.
"It's not for the public, you skating otaku trio!" Yuuri yelled at them. Looking back at the ice, I was contemplating whether or not I should ask if I could skate.
"Hey, Yuuri. Woul---" my question was cut off my Viktor's voice, "The little piggy can't enter the rink until he drops some body fat, alright?" I looked back down, but my vision was once again cut off by a red shirt. Looking up, I met eyes with Viktor.
"Would you like to skate with me?" He asked, holding his hand out. I looked over at everyone else, who all nodded their heads, except Yuuri, who seemed to be in his own world. Looking back, I reluctantly nodded.
"I-I need to get my skates first," I said in a quiet voice. Viktor nodded with a small smile on his face.
After I had gotten my skates on and went back by everyone else, I moved to the door that let me on the ice. Skating back by where everyone was, I looked at Yuuri and smiled a bit at him, him returning the gesture.
"Hold these for me?" I asked, placing my glasses in his hand, my vision automatically going fuzzy. Widening my eyes and blinking, I turned around on my skates, going toward the figure I guessed was Viktor. Stopping near him, I couldn't make out his features. Looking back at Yuuri, him and everyone else over there were just blobs of color. Looking back at Viktor, I saw how much closer he was to me. Shifting a bit, I moved. All I could see of him, even though he was close, was the blue color of his eyes. That's the reason I don't skate very clean. I can't see* (Explanation at bottom).
"I remember your free skate from last Grand Prix. Would you mind show---" I cut off Viktor's request. "I-is it okay if I just warm up, first?" I asked. He got a slightly confused look and nodded. We went on different ends of the rink to get some space for our practice. Moving my feet aroud a bit to get comfy in the skates, I closed my eyes and shook my head a bit. I pushed off with my right leg and was speeding up, wanting to do a triple axel to move around a bit first. Getting to a good speed, I put my right leg behind me, pushing down on the toe pick and pushing off, pulling my legs and arms in, rotating. Feeling myself losing momentum, I put my right leg down to land on. Doing so, I put my arms out to keep balance. My left skate clinked my right one, causing me to stumble. Keeping balance, I turned my foot to stop myself from skating further. I looked back to where Yuuri and everyone else was, but I saw they were gone. Viktor was still here, because I could see and hear him.
After a few hours of practice, I went to the edge of the rink, opening the door to step on solid ground. Sitting on a bench, removing my skates, I heard someone sit beside me. Looking over at them, I saw it was Viktor, a small smile on his face. Smiling back a bit, I looked down at his hands.
"Here. I guess Yuuri left these here for you," he said, holding out my glasses. Taking them from him, my fingers touched his palm. 'He has warm hands,' I thought, placing my glasses on my face.
"Th-thank you," I said in a quiet voice. He smiled at me and stayed there the while I was changing my skates to my regular shoes.
"Ready to go?" Viktor asked, standing up and holding his hand out to me. I nodded and put my hand in his, him pulling me up. Once I was up, I bent down to get my bag off the floor, but before I had the chance to put it on my shoulder, Viktor took it and put it on the opposite shoulder of his.
"I'll carry it," he said, winking. Blushing a bit, I nodded and looked away, walking to the exit with Viktor.
-
-
-
When we got home, Hiroko told us that Yuuri was at Minako's ballet studio. Deciding to let him practice by himself, I made myself some (favorite food) and sat down at the table in the main room infront of the TV. Changing the channels, I came across a channel playing Naruto: Road to Ninja. Squealing a bit, as I loved this anime, I turned the volume up a bit, not too loud. I was watching Naruto and eating for about an hour before I looked at my phone clock and saw it was 10:27pm. Signing, I turned the TV off and put my dishes in the sink, afterward heading to my room.
Since I already took a shower, I went ahead and laid down. Getting under the covers and putting my glasses on the bedside table, I turned onto my back and closed my eyes. Falling asleep, I had an awful nightmare.
-
Flashback10yrs•