Calling Christina

(Sam's POV)
It's already the beginning of June. I got a great video coming up with my bud, Peter Hollens. I think people are really gonna love it. There's so many covers the Samily loves. The Ed Sheeran/ Sam Smith mashup, our version of "Beneath Your Beautiful", "Just A Dream". Oh my gosh. I just came up with the best idea.

I called Kurt and told him about it. He loves it. Now to call a person I haven't seen since Casey's birthday.

I take my phone, and call the person.

"Hello?", a female voice says.

"Christina!", I say with excitement.

"Sam! How's it going?"

"Great. Thanks for asking."

"How's Casey?"

"He's doing fine."

"Tell Christina I said 'hi'!", Casey says from the kitchen.

"He says 'hi' ", I say to Christina.

"Listen, so I know you're on tour right now. But I had an idea I think you're gonna like."

"What is it?"

"How about you, me and Kurt surprise our fans by doing a cover of 'Lost Boy' by Ruth B together?"

"Sam, I love it! When we should we do it?"

"Well, you come back to LA in a couple of days, but Casey and I are gonna go on our honeymoon pretty soon. How about some time after we get back?"

"Sounds good. I gotta go. We're about to rehearse. Tell Casey I said 'hi' back."

"No problem. Later, CG. Love ya."

"Bye, ST. Love ya too."

We hang up. Christina and I sometimes call each other by our initials. Just something we do.

A couple of days go by, and I'm in the living room, already working on the harmonies for "Lost Boy." I already posted the video with Peter, and Casey's already obsessed with it.

We're gonna be leaving for Greece in two days.

"Sam, did you pack my jacket?", Casey asks as he walks in.

"Yeah, it's in your suitcase."

Casey checks his phone.

"Oh my god", Casey mutters.

"What's wrong?", I ask as I walk up to him.

"I - it's Christina."

"What about Christina?"

"She--"

He was cut off by my phone ringing. I pick up and the caller ID says "Kurt."

"Yeah, Kurt?", I ask.

"Sam", he says. His voice was breaking.

"Kurt, what's going on?"

"Christina...was shot at her concert."

My heart suddenly drops.

I grab Casey's phone out of his hand and I read what it says. Breaking news from CNN.

"Christina Grimmie was shot at a meet and greet at Orlando, Florida and is in critical condition."

No. No, this can't be happening. Christina... was shot?

______________________________________

Hey guys!!!! Its Melissa and Anna here! So this is probably one of the saddest chapters in the book 😢. We are both still heart broken over the death of Christina Grimmie, she was just so amazing! We all wish that it was just a dream... But we hope you enjoyed this chapter! Make sure to follow our personals

MelissaKendall3

ThePentaholicIsHere