Chapter 5

(Your new outfit and some girls you meet later on.)

(Dani's POV)
I haven't seen Y/N as much, which is weird, she usually comes to me at around 10. I wonder if she's interrogating the guys. I walked in to see the guys dead and blood all over the walls, but it was a message. Slater will pay for his mistakes. I will find his boss because he is not the one behind the boys' attempt at kidnapping the girls. -Y/N. I read the note in the guys' blood and gasped. "Professor!!" I said and ran out to find him. "What is it Dani?" Xavier asked. "It's Y/N, she went rogue," I said and he sighed and read the message on the wall. "She's gone rogue? Dear God, help us all," Xavier said and I nodded and sighed.
(Your POV)
I had killed the girls' exes, like anyone would care. I'm going rogue, I know that, but I had to change how my costume looked. I was wearing a custom made crop top, black long-sleeves but they were cut off at the upper arm/shoulder, black pants and some grey buckles around my thighs for holsters and what not. Since I'm going rogue, I've decided to use two of my metal claws because using all three of the claws meant I was doing something for the greater good, but I'm going against Professor Xavier's words. I know, I know, why would you do that Y/N? Because I have to, Slater was the boss of the boys but he had a boss he reported to, and I'm going to find out who. I can't believe Slater did this, but he is probably a double agent, meaning he is working for us but acting like he's working for whoever wants the girls. I'm currently on top of a roof, scouting out all possible areas of where Slater could be. "My my my, look who it is," I heard and saw Black Cat. "Black Cat, unless you actually want to help me, go away," I said and she chuckled. "I'll help you, little Miss Rogue," Black Cat said. "How'd you know?" I asked and she chuckled rather seductively. "A cat has their ways," She said and I nodded. "C'mon, we're going to pick up a friend of mine," I said and she nodded and we got in my car and sped off towards the jail. "What are we doing here Rogue?" Cat asked and I smirked. "Just park the car somewhere, I'll be out with someone, but she needs her stuff which is in a safe. You think you can get your paws on the safe?" I asked and she nodded. I went near the wall and blasted it open with C4 and walked in and killed the guards. "Joker, hands off of my girl," I said and Harley ran over to me. "Hi Daddy," Harley said and I kissed her forehead and she smiled. "Hello Babygirl," I said and she smiled. "She's mine Rogue," Joker said and I laughed. "Harley, Babydoll, who do you choose?" I asked. "I choose you Daddy," Harley said and Joker growled and held up his gun and I threw a knife at his chest, piercing his heart. He fell forward and the knife went into him even more. "C'mon, let's go!" I said and took Harley's hand and ran off to the car with the guards chasing after us. I got in the car and Harley was in the seat behind me and Black Cat came in the car and handed Harley her box off stuff. Harley started getting undressed and I would glance at her a few times. "Hey Babydoll, there's ammo in the trunk for you, for when we have to kill some people," I said and she nodded. "Okay, thanks Daddy," Harley said and I nodded. I decided to head to a restaurant because why not? "Let's get some food, I'm starving," I said and Black Cat and Harley agreed. We went in and the people cowered in fear at seeing Harley and Black Cat. "Three," I said and the waiter nodded and led us to a booth. We got our food and started eating when the news came up. "19 year old mutant Y/N Archer has gone Rogue. Apparently Professor Xavier's student, Y/N, found something out and had murdered 9 of their suspects that the X-Men were interrogating and left a message on the walls in their blood. Y/N was last seen blowing up the jail wall where her possible lover:Harley Quinn is. No one knows what those two are besides Y/N spoils Harley Quinn and Harley is in love with her. It is also rumored that Y/N killed the Joker of Gotham. Y/N, otherwise known as Rogue, going to do now? Stay tuned for more information," the news lady said on the T.V. and the girls and I looked at each other then at the person on the phone. "Let's bail," Black Cat said and we agreed and ran out and to the car. We got in and sped off. We got to my headquarters and I went to my computer. "Why are we doing what we're doing?" Harley asked. "Because Babygirl, someone lied to your Daddy and I'm not happy. It's Slater, he told the guys to torture me and someone else gave Slater that idea," I said and she nodded. "So you called up two villains to help?" Black Cat asked. "Yeah, you're both beautiful and you can use your seducing skills and help me," I said. "I found him, let's go," I said and they nodded. "Where to?" Harley asked. "Australia," I said and she nodded and I flew us there, but put on autopilot. "So, why are we after this Slater guy?" Black Cat asked. "Because, Felicia, he lied. He's not CIA anymore, he's the real rogue here," I said and she nodded.
(Dinah's POV)
I was with the girls and we were watching T.V. in the back lounge went the news lady came on the T.V. which was odd. "19 year old mutant Y/N Archer has gone Rogue. Apparently Professor Xavier's student, Y/N, found something out and had murdered 9 of their suspects that the X-Men were interrogating and left a message on the walls in their blood. Y/N was last seen blowing up the jail wall where her possible lover:Harley Quinn is. No one knows what those two are besides Y/N spoils Harley Quinn and Harley is in love with her. It is also rumored that Y/N killed the Joker of Gotham. Y/N, otherwise known as Rogue, going to do now? Stay tuned for more information," the news lady said on the T.V. and the girls and I looked at each other, well mostly me because I loved Y/N. "Why would she do this?" I asked, my eyes starting to water. "I'm so sorry CheeChee," Camila said and rubbed my back soothingly. "I swear to God if I see her I'll murder her," Lauren growled. Something started to spark in mid-air and it frightened us. There stood my love and she sighed and looked at me. "Dinah, you have to listen please," Y/N begged but I shook my head. "Just leave," I said and her eyes started to water and a few tears fell down. "It's not me who's the real rogue! No one fucking listens to a mutant, no one ever takes the time to understand us or to listen to us! Fuck you Dinah! You're just like everyone else! I sacrificed my own fucking life to save you: the very woman who stole my heart! The very woman I live for and love!" Y/N snapped and left.
(Y/N's POV)
I decided to teleport to Dinah to give her an explanation of why I went 'rogue'. I teleported to their bus and looked at Dinah. "Dinah, you have to listen, please," I begged and she shook her head which broke me inside. I thought she loved me enough to let me explain, but she's just like everyone else. "Just leave," Dinah said and I felt my heart break. She doesn't love me, what did I do wrong? I'm not risking her life this way? I shouldn't have risked my heart for her. "It's not me who's the real rogue! No one fucking listens to a mutant, no one ever takes the time to understand us or to listen to us! Fuck you Dinah! You're just like everyone else! I sacrificed my own fucking life to save you: the very woman who stole my heart! The very woman I live for and love!" I snapped, tears falling down my face. I dropped an envelope on the floor and teleported back to the two girls on the plane. I broke down crying and Black Cat rubbed my back soothingly. "She didn't listen, no one does, they choose not to understand us. Fuck everyone, I'm not going back to Professor Xavier, we're going to take over the world," I said and Harley cheered. "Am I going to be the Queen?" Harley asked. "Of course, I'll be the King and Black Cat you can be the Princess," I said and she giggled and nodded. I wiped my tears and decided to try to move on from Dinah, no matter how hard it's going to be.
(Lauren's POV)
I saw an envelope fall on the floor before Y/N teleported to who knows where. I picked it up and saw Dinah's name on the front of it. "Dinah," I said and she looked up at me. "What?" Dinah asked, sniffling. "It's a note, from her," I said and she sighed. "You can read it out loud," Dinah said and I nodded and opened it.
Dinah,
I know what I'm going to do is going to hurt me, but it hurts me the most because I know it's going to hurt you. I'm picking up Black Cat and Harley Quinn, Harley needs someone to tend to her while she's in her headspace, which I know of. She calls me Daddy, but only because she has some weird headspace and I somehow can make sense of it. If I snapped at you, I'm sorry, I've seen this coming a few days ago, but it hurts. I can't believe I actually thought you were the one for me, but I guess we all make mistakes. Mine isn't you, it never will be you, you're the best thing that's happened to me. But, I'm probably the mistake that happened to you, but I guess that's fine. I can disappear from your life, I'll only show up at your funeral, because I've watched people I loved and care for die of old age. And me? I'm fucking stuck at the age of 19, I've found a way to kill myself, but I was going to do it, when I told you I'd meditate on my powers. I can't fathom being broken by you, I'm sorry for what I'm going to do, I just hope you'll listen to me. I'm always misunderstood or ignored for being a fucking mutant. I just wish people would see what we are: humans with gifts. But I guess loved ones can break your heart too, I'm risking my life to make sure you and the girls are safe. After that, I'll completely disappear from yours and the girls' lives, if you want me to of course. By now, I'm pretty sure I've made the idiot decision of going to take over the world, or I'll try and convince myself that I need to move on from you, which is impossible because I love you way too much. I-uhm...this letter is just a trial letter, I guess, this is my 29th letter to try and explain myself and I'm not sure if I should send this one. Dinah, I-I'm so so so sorry I'm a fuck up, I'm just sick and tired of being misunderstood and ignored, yet when you said you wanted an 'us' I felt so happy yet scared. I was scared of being used, rejected for what I am, a mutant. But I guess that's already happened huh? I'm writing this, three days before it happens, but I'm such an idiot. I just hope you can forgive me one day, and if you don't, I'll try to understand, I'll probably be getting wasted after I kill the two guys who are actually after you and the girls. I went through hell and came crawling out of it just to see you, Dinah, you're the best thing's that happened to me. And if you don't want me in your life, so be it, I'll be happy knowing you're happy. This, this is hard to write, I'm getting tears everywhere on the paper. I'm sorry Dinah, words can't express how sorry I'll be later on. I just hope you'll still want an 'us' after I realize what a dumbass I am. I'll always love you no matter what.
~Yours Truly~
Y/N Archer, fuck up, lover, misunderstood and ignored mutant who will die soon, maybe.
I read the note out loud and I cried because I didn't care to understand her, none of us cared to listen to her and she's going to do something she'll regret. There's teardrops on the letter and Dinah started crying, hell, we all did. "Y/N, you're not the mistake I made, you're best choice I made, I'm the one who chose not to listen to you, I'm so sorry. I love you, I just want you back in my arms, holding me. I want you to whisper into my ear sweet somethings. They're not sweet nothings, because they mean something to me, I want you, I need you, I love you," Dinah cried and I hugged her.
(Your POV)
I heard Dinah's little speech and smiled, tears still falling down my face. "I'll be back soon, Dinah, for now, I'll be saving your life," I said and found Slater. "Slater," I growled, my eyes starting to turn red. "Archer? W-W-What are you doing h-h-here?" Slater stuttered and I chuckled evilly and grabbed him by his collar and held up my hand and let my two claws come out. "Who do you report to?" I asked. "No one," Slater said and I quirked a brow and cut his shirt. "Are you sure?" I asked and he nodded. I had traced my claws over his chest and stomach. "Hmm, I wonder what I should do first. Cut open your stomach and take out your organs? Or cut your chest open and cut your ribs and pull out your heart? Now, tell me, who do you report to?" I asked. "I report to Maverick Management!" Slater said as I cut his chest and I nodded. "Thank you, Slater," I said and then slit his throat quickly. "Let's go, the girls are in danger," I said and they nodded. "But Daddy, the plane's outta fuel!" Harley said. "Don't worry Babydoll, just take my hands," I said and they nodded and took my hands. I teleported to the girls' studio meeting they were having with Maverick Management. "Don't you fucking go anywhere assholes," I said, my red eyes flaming like fire. "Daddy's pissed at you guys. You messed up," Harley said. "Babydoll, quiet please," I said and she nodded. "I can't believe you seven! You're going to fucking pay for this!" I spat angrily and grabbed the nearest guy. "I'll ask you all one very simple question. Did you have Slater work for you then have him have the girls exes try to kill them and me?" I asked and the guy I was holding shook his head. "Liar number one, dead," I said and slit his throat. "I'll kill each and everyone of you, until one of you speaks up," I said. "Look, we didn't do it!" Clarence said and I tilted my head. "Babydoll, is he lying to me?" I asked. "Of course they are Daddy, they're afraid, but I wouldn't be afraid if I was in your care," Harley said. "Babygirl, do Daddy a favor and show her how good your aim is and shoot him," I said and she nodded. Harley shot the guy in the head and the girls screamed and I chuckled. "I'll get you that necklace you wanted later," I said and she squealed and kissed my cheek. "Thank you Daddy!" Harley said. "Now, Scott, you've just witnessed Gary and Clarence die, are you gonna be next?" I asked. "I swear to God get away from me you monster!" Scott said and it somewhat hurt my heart. "That hurts, I'm not a monster, I'm just a human with gifts," I said and looked at him and he stared at my eyes. "We did it, we wanted someone after the girls so they could have more attention drawn to them," Scott spilled and I felt my eyes turn white. I growled and killed Scott, Cortez, Adam, Gee, and Larry, but I heard a few bangs echo throughout the room. "Y/N?" Black Cat asked and I looked at her. "Calm down, they're dead, your lover is safe, so are her friends," Black Cat said and I nodded weakly. "Dinah," I said weakly and smiled at her as I looked at my chest and saw gunshots. "Those fuckers had an Anti-Mutant poison," I said and fell in Harley's arms. I started coughing up blood and spat it out. "I-I need Dani, she knows how to get rid of this. Wait, she probably won't help me," I said and started coughing up more blood. "I don't care if she's going to help you or not, she's going to. I'll make her," Harley said and Black Cat helped me up. "C'mon, we have to teleport to her," I said and the door opened. "Y/N!" Dani said and I looked up at her. "Dani," I said and she ran to me and hugged me. "Don't fucking do that again!" Dani said and I nodded. "Never again, promise," I said. "Daddy's been shot with Anti-Mutant poisoning," Harley said and Dani pulled away and took out her medical kit. "Y/N, it could kill you if it's in your system too long," Dani said and I nodded and laid on the conference table. The girls were still in shock and haven't said anything. Dani pulled the bullets out and stabbed me with a syringe. "Ow Dani! That fucking hurt!" I said and she chuckled. "Good, because you hurt me when I found out you went Rogue, asshole," Dani said and I chuckled nervously. "Sorry," I said and she chuckled. "I forgive you, besides some of the things we do are out of our control right?" Dani said and I nodded. "Yeah, I was out of control, I let Kainar take over, which made me go Rogue," I said and she looked at me confused. "Who's Kainar?" Dani asked. "Do you remember when I was in a coma for 4 months? I was in a dimly lit room and there was a piano there and this Demon like thing was there too. He said his name was Kainar and he said he'd take control of me when I would be angry, in a rage," I said and she nodded. "Kainar defended me earlier today, he's the one who snapped at Dinah, not me, I hated witnessing it, but he took over and I couldn't do anything about it. I felt so helpless and disappointed in myself," I continued. "I just, wish I didn't end things like that," I finished and coughed up a bit more blood. "How long have you been coughing up blood?" Dani asked. "About a few minutes," I said. "Okay, well you'll probably cough up a bit more but other than that, you're completely fine, poison free," Dani said and I nodded. I felt the holes in my body close but Dani stuck her finger in a bullet wound. "Dani!" I said and she giggled and eww'd. "That feels so weird! I've always wondered what it felt like to put my finger in your wound as it's regenerating, that's just nasty!" Dani said and I laughed. "Get your fucking finger out of my bullet wound! It feels weird! Dani!" I said and she pulled her finger out of my wound and it finished healing. "Dinah," I said and she and the girls looked up at me. "I'm here at your disposal, do want me to leave your life? Or do you want me to stay?" I asked and she sighed and thought for a few moments. "I don't know, but can I figure it out?" Dinah said and I nodded. "I'll leave you alone for as long as you need to figure out your answer," I said and she smiled.

We do anything for the ones we love, even if it means we have to suffer heartbreak for it.

(A/N: should I end chapters like this ^ or nah?)