56.3 - Growing Pains

~ Please check it out...Also I posted Chasing Complicated (Cameron Dallas Fan-Fiction). ~ 

Lydia's POV

A Few Days Later...

"How are you feeling?" He asked changing the subject, good thing because I was getting bored. Pushing myself off the counter I overlooked the fixtures on the wall, the design of roman gods and there was so much history in the look and make of the room.

I heard him cough awkwardly, closing my eyes I thought back to our closeness. I been close to Marc before, I even let him hug me out of all things. But never... I feel so guilty. Maybe it's the hormones, maybe I'm crazy thinking about it like this, Marc was just being Marc.

No, there's no denying that something has changed inside, something was different there... between us. It felt...warm, safe... I don't know what I'm thinking anymore...

 I don't know what I'm thinking anymore

"Lydia." He says and by how soft his voice is I don't have to open my eyes to know he's right in front of me. "Please tell me this won't mess up our friendship-or whatever we have. Because- because I only have feelings for Mia. And if you are in love with me-then-"

Opening my eyes I sigh resisting the urge to slap him across his beautiful face. I should've seen it coming. "Jake." 

And it was like we were speaking our own language as Marc drops his gaze, at first I'm not gonna lie I was confused feeling those things... and for Marc of all people. Sure I kid around about his sexy ass and it's fun and games but in that moment I felt something... deep. Now since I've taken the time to reflect... "The feeling of being in someone's arms, protected from the world.... that's Jake. He would've done the same thing,"

I put some space between us, "I don't have feelings for you, you big idiot. If anything you're a bigger idiot now for reminding me of Jake. I'm so close to having this baby and I no longer gag at the sight of Wade.... I was good. I was doing good, and now you bring up-" I didn't know I was breathing hard until Marc wraps me up in his arms.

Rolling my eyes, very agitated I push him away. Not harshly but just to get away from him. I no longer want to be sad about Jake. He's dead. I sip more water. Damn, it's not strong enough. I move away, but he's in front of me with arms crossed over his shoulders.

"I just want to know if you are okay? If we're good." He moved with caution as he stops dead at his tracks staring at the floor. I was confused, "What- Oh my god." I say as I feel extremely wet. Was I peeing? Oh wait!

There was an explosion of pain that hit me soon after it felt like I peed myself. I felt as if 50 pounds were added to my back making my knees buckle under the pressure. I grip the counter gritting my teeth knowing any harder I'd break them.

Marc's arms were on my shoulders, giving me support. "What's wrong Lydia?" I try to move away from him but he doesn't leave my side. He was relieving some pain, but not enough for me to move from this position.