Get your flirt on

Start from the beginning

Ali didn’t see the  point in it all.

All she saw was money.

I sling my arm over Madisons shoulders, giving her a quick squeeze. “If it makes you feel better, I hate her too.”

“It does.”

She sends me a half smile before snatching her glasses back. She slips them on before turning under my arm to face me. “Distract me. Tell me about Jace.”

“Well, there’s a chance I might die,”

“Obviously.”

“He’s hot.”

“Negotiable.”

“He’s a very vague, very closed off guy.”

“Understandable.”

I sigh before dropping my arm. I look back at the family and shake my head. “Maybe this is all too, I don’t know, surreal. Stuff like this doesn’t happen in real life.”

Madison flics a gnat off her arm before glaring at me. Or, well, what looks like glaring. Hard to tell with those orange ass glasses.

“What seems unreal? Jace’s hot ass or the fact that he agreed?”

I shrug. “I don’t know? Him? The blackmail? Both?”

Deflated, I close my eyes and lean against the bench. “I feel so bad, Mads. I’m playing with a guys life.”

She scoffs like I just said something stupid.

And, honestly, I probably did.

“You feel bad about playing with that guys life? How about this End. He’s cheating. He’s playing with another couples lives. What makes him a saint? I’m sure he’s left plenty of broken hearts in his wake. Plus, he’s a guy. Guy’s need to get played every once in awhile.”

“The players and the played,” I open one eye and give her a weird look. “You worry me sometimes.” She pushes down her glasses with a finger and shoots me a wink.

“Buy the t-shirt babe.”

*~*~~*~*~

“Party or table for one?”

The hostess at Ninos says, her high, cheery voice already giving me a headache. I hold up a finger, telling her to give me a moment, while I dig my cellphone out of  my pocket.

She shoots me a small glare, obviously not liking the fact of being put on hold.

I give her an apologetic smile before hitting the call button. Jace answers after the third ring.

“What’s up?” Sucking in a deep voice, I turn away from the still glaring hostess and hiss into the phone, “Where the hell are you? You said four.”

“Did I?”

I can almost picture him raising an eyebrow on the other side

“Yes.” I whisper ferociously, hoping I’m not looking like a lunatic. But if the old lady staring at me from the bar area is any indication, I passed crazy a long time ago.

“My mistake. Save me a table. I’ll be there in thirty.”

Before I can even argue, dial tone meets me on the other side. Cursing under my breath, I shove my phone ino my pocket and turn to the hostess. She raises an eyebrow, obviously hearing only one side of the conversation.