Chapter 8

After the party that night Tyrell and I stayed up talking.

"Your friends are a hot mess. So you know the girl Alicia?"

"Yea, Miss. Gossip." He chuckled.

"Yea her. She said she slept with a straight man that was at the party. His name is Dexter." I said.

"That shit is nasty." He said frowning up.

"Stop it." I chuckled. "He also told me to investigate Odell and him cheating." I finished.

"That's one thing you won't be doing." He said plainly hugging me.

*2 months later, December*

ME: I think I'm going the take the advice the girl Alicia gave me.

BRANDY: I mean I think you should drop it but you're not going to listen to my anyway.

ME: I'm sure not.

BRANDY: How's it going with Tyrell?

ME: It's going fine for right now, but these men are so charming at first, then and asshole the next.

BRANDY: Don't you think you need to take it a little slower?

ME: We haven't slept together. Actually, I sleep on the living room couch.

BRANDY: I'm proud of you for not allowing your emotions to run you.

ME: Why, thank you. You know I haven't really talked to Odell.

BRANDY: Why not?

ME: I don't know....

BRANDY: So what about Tyrell?

ME: I'm going to leave him. Or he's going to leave me.

BRANDY: Do you hear yourself?

ME: Odell doesn't even want kids and how am I going to tell Tyrell? 'Hey Tyrell, you know that lunch I was late to? Yea I was making love to Odell... Did I mention he got me pregnant? Two months now.

I looked down at my stomach which was slightly pocking and hard.

BRANDY: No, don't tell him like that. Be an adult about it and own up to your dirt.

ME: That sad thing about it is that I already knew I was pregnant.... I just didn't want to end a life that could be so beautiful.... I don't want a baby but a part of me wants this baby so bad.

Just then the house phone started ringing and I wanted to be nosy.

ME: I'll call you back.

I hung up and clicked the answer button on the house phone chiming in to their conversation.

???: Dexter, when are you coming home?

TYRELL: I don't know. You know we aren't anywhere near being on good terms.

???: What am I supposed to tell our son?

TYRELL: I come and see my son every damn day. Don't start this shit Teresa.

I pushed the end button on the phone and went and stood outside of his door until he was finished.

"You nasty mind twisted bastard! You have a son! You had sexual afairs with a man! Your name is Dexter?! You might have AIDS! What else have you been hiding?!!!!"

"I've been cheating on my wife with you." He said.

"Are you serious?! What the-" he cut me off.

"No are you serious? You had sex with Odell and now your pregnant. When were you going to tell me?" He said seemingly pissed, as was I.

"This shouldn't even be happening! You are married! I had no business with you. You had sex with a MAN! You could have potentially given me AIDS! You know what, I'm out."  I went and grabbed my things and left. Glad I hadn't taken my clothes from out of the car so I wouldn't have to stay any longer than needed.

It was around 9pm and decided to go over to Odell's place.

I rang the doorbell and Odell answered.

"Hey! You haven't called me or anything. What's up?" He said hugging me and I hugged back. 

"We need to talk." I said.

"Odell is everything ok?" I heard a familiar voice call, and it was Sophia.  She walked over with her stomach out. She looked about six months pregnant.

 The air was taken from my lungs. I had to come up with something quick.

"Can I come in so I can tell you?" I chuckled.

They let me in and we sat down.  " I would like to invite you all to my special New Year event at the end of December."

 "We would love to come Jazmine! Thank you so much for the invite. Also I don't know if this is the right time but I'm so sorry about the whole situation." Sophia apologized.

"Yea. I'll have to pray on that one. But I'll see you guys then." I said standing up and going to the door.

"Nice having you." Sophia said and she went into the room.

Odell walked me to the door and I spun around facing him.

"You got her pregnant?  You didn't even want kids!" I hissed.

"I don't know...." He tried explaining.

"How the hell do you not know?  It doesn't even matter cause I have to own up to my own dirt.." I said putting my head down.

"I'm pregnant." 

_________________________

5 comments and 20 votes for an update!!

Thank you for reading!