XI

"You want to go house hunting with me tomorrow?" I asked Odell who was sitting on his car in my driveway.

"Sure thing babe." He said.

"Babe?"

"Don't take it personal." He chuckled.

"Ok. Well goodnight." I said through giggles as I was going in between his open legs and then hugging him. He gripped my waist tightly kissing my cheek.

"I'll call you when I make it home." He said.

"Could you stay the night?" I asked.

"That would spoil the fun." He chuckled running his hand through my hair.

"What if I act sick. Would you come spend the night then?" I giggled.

"No, I wouldn't want to catch what you have." He joked.

"Goodnight then

"Goodnight then." I smiled.

"Goodnight beautiful." He said biting his lip.

We hugged and he kissed my forehead and he left.

Later that night I began getting a huge migraine, started sneezing a lot, and had a coughing fit. But when I went to look for some medicine I didn't the medicine I needed.

It was ironic how I told Odell I would fake sick to get him back over here.... I didn't have to fake anymore. Plus I could have easily went to the store myself but what's the fun in that?

ME: Odell?

ODELL: What's up babe?

ME: Stop calling me that.

I joked laughing.

ODELL: My bad Jazzy, what's up? You're about to fake like you're sick? I'll bring some medicine. See you in 10.

ME: No, Odell-

I was cut off by the phone clicking. I just laughed it off and got ready for him to come over.

When the door bell rang I fixed my hair and my breast and walked to the, so it wouldn't seem as if I were waiting for him to come. I opened the door and when I opened it he had bags. He looked at me and smiled, then his kind of squatted and hugged me at my waist with his head start at my stomach and he slid up which his arms still around me. He kissed my cheek and came on in and I closed the door.

"I brought you some Day and NyQuil to take. Grabbed some stuff so I can make you some soup-" I cut him off.

"How do you know I wasn't faking?" I giggled.

"I actually pay attention when you talk and you sounded stuffy." he said looking down at me. "Now where is a pot?" he asked and I pointed at the cabinet.

"Odell don't you think we're moving too fast?" 

"No, why you feel that way?" 

"I don't know.... I just feel like I'm jumping into everything so fast. Like with Kevin.... and all the other men I've tried dating. They all left me for some beautiful smaller girl. I just don't want to get hurt."

What I wanted to say was 'Because if you hurt me you might go missing.'

"I'm not those other guys." Odell said.

"I've heard that all too many times."

"Let me show you Jaz. Baby let me show you I'm a man, let me show you I know how to treat you." he pleaded. I stood there silent while our bodies were only an inch apart. "I know you want to take things in slow motion and I respect that. But I'm not leaving you for someone else.... You've got the wheel, you're in control." he said. "But still give me a chance to show you." he finished. 

He turned around and went back to the pot. I felt a little bad and I just stood there looking what I felt was dumb. "Ok." I said in one word.

He looked at me for a second and replied.... "Ok." biting his lips.

__________________________________

4 comments and 4 votes! Thank you for reading!