[26]

_________________________________

"April! Slow down." Axel shouts over to the girl before he quickly grabs her arm to stop her from getting any further.

"Axel we need to hurry up. I want to see everyone." April stresses before she checks to see if she had enough bullets.

"Yeah I understand that. But I'm still not used to this new...you." Axel comments, referring to the girl easily taking out three walkers without his help.

"Well 8 months can change a person." April smiles before she continues her path to one of the entrances of the prison, Axel following closely behind.

After finding out April had lied to him, Axel had desperately wanted to bring up the conversation of the girl's whereabouts for the past 8 months however he knew it wasn't the right time with them all trying to get the group inside.

"Hey I think I hear voices." Chris calls out to the couple, Chris being further ahead of the both of them.

At the statement, April couldn't help but glance back at Axel in worry.

"You ready to meet your family again?" Axel asks the girl, a small smile on his face.

At the question, the girl could only nod her head, too nervous to even speak. The girl didn't know why she felt so nervous, it was her family after all. But after all the stuff that Landon fed to the girl about everyone leaving her behind and not even looking for her, had made the girl feel saddened at the fact.

"I want you to stay here." Axel states before he pulls the girl back again when he notices that she was about to go outside.

"But-." The girl starts to protest but Axel quickly cuts her off.

"Please April. I know you can handle yourself but I can't loose you again. Not after I've just found you." Axel pleads before the girl only sighs at him.

"Fine." April states in defeat before Axel quickly smiles at the girl and gives a small kiss on her cheek.

"I'll be quick as I can." Axel replies before he hurriedly follows after Chris, leaving the girl to herself.

However tired of everyone treating her like a baby, April decided she was going to form her own plan in getting the group inside. And even though she loved Axel, the girl was not about to listen to his orders and stay put. Not with her family out there.

Back in the courtyard however, Rick, Daryl, Glenn, Maggie and T-Dog had already started to find a way into the prison whilst everyone stayed back and watched.

"Stick together!" Rick orders the group before he leads the group into one of the gates of the prison. However once all of them step inside, they didn't anticipate how many walkers would be inside, especially the walkers who had prison helmets on, making it even more difficult to kill them.