[14]

_________________________________

The next morning, April finally manages to wake up from the long sleep she had to endure for the past day. The girl, who was still too groggy to fully function, had tried to sit up from the bed she was placed in but had to take a few seconds to do so since her stomach was currently killing her.

Looking over to her side she sees a sleeping Axel posted besides her. April smiles when she notices him peacefully sleeping, his mouth somewhat open and his arms crossed slightly, almost as if he was trained to be alert when he sleeps.

Having gotten told by her parents that she was in Hershel's house before she had a seizure, April's heart warmed at the fact that Axel had finally found his family.

However the girl slightly frowned at the thought of his family seeing her in this state. April wanted to give a good first impression of herself to the family. So turning up at their home, shot, was not something April had planned.

After sitting up for nearly one whole minute and fully adjusting to the morning light seeping into the room, April finally decides to wake up Axel.

But it had proven to be difficult since she didn't want to interrupt his sleep.

"Axel?" The girl finally croaks out, not knowing that her voice would be that dry and quiet when she spoke. She calls out to him again, but this time louder than before.

She knew that she was being selfish for waking him up, but she wanted to hear his voice again. Considering it had been a long time since she had heard him. She missed him.

After finally registering that someone was calling out to him, Axel sleepily opens his eyes before he quickly shuts them. The light also blinding his vision.

However once he opens his eyes again he nearly double takes at the sight before him.

April, sitting up in bed, with a huge smile plastered on her face whilst she looks at him. Her eyes dazzling with pure warmth. Eyes that Axel had grown to love.

"A-April?" Axel breathes out, not believing what he was seeing and thinking that his eyes were playing tricks on him.

"You dribble in your sleep." April giggles once she fully takes in Axels tired appearance.

After hearing April giggling, Axel breaks out into a huge smile. The sound of only just her voice had made Axels heart race since the sound was once again, like music to his ears.

Carefully getting up from where he was awkwardly sleeping, Axel moves closer to the girl and swiftly grabs her hands.
Axel closes his eyes for a moment before he opens them again to meet April's who was staring right back at him.