[13]

_________________________________

Axel didn't know what to expect when he finally reached the entrance to the school, the familiar building coming into view when he switched of his bike.

He had already encountered a small horde of walkers on the way up there, Axel only assuming it was the engine of his motorcycle that had drawn them to him.

After making the decision to leave his bike so he wouldn't draw any more attention, he directed it off a roadside before running off to the direction of the school.

His gun was drawn slightly when he heard the snarls and groans coming from the walkers up ahead of him. Knowing it was too risky to head straight through the front entrance, Axel began to scope the place out to see if a back entrance was clear.

After not finding a clear path, Axel was about to head off into a different direction before his eyes landed on someone running at full speed. Full speed and towards him.

With his gun drawn again, Axel began to carefully step forwards until his eyes properly trained on what he was actually seeing.

Which was Shane running with two bags on his shoulders whilst he had a huge hoard of walkers on his tail.

Axels eyes widen for a second before he quickly places the gun back into his waistband and starts to run towards Shane who was currently panting with the two bags weighing onto him.

Once nearing the man, Axel noticed that he was there alone with the bags. "Hey! Where's Otis?" Axel shouts to Shane when he was nearer enough to him.

Shane looks up bewildered when he looks at Axel, surprised to see that he was even here. "I- he didn't make it. I'm sorry." Shane pants out to Axel, a growing worry inside of him since he just lied to the guy.

Axel looks at him in distress before he puts his arms behind his head and turns around unsettled.

Otis may of shot April but Axel knew it was an accident. Axel knew he was a good man. He knew that he had been a great help to his family over the years, especially when he wasn't around.

So hearing that he didn't make it had nearly sent Axel over the edge.

Seeing the horde getting closer to the them, Axel quickly snaps out of his trance and grabs the bags off from Shane who quickly thanked the man.

But Axel didn't have the time to hear what Shane had to say as he quickly ran off to the direction where he left his bike, the bags hauled onto him.

Axel began to feel the weight of both bags on his shoulders and was tempted to slow down but he had to put the thought at the back of mind so he could focus on getting the supplies back to April as quickly as he could.