[25]

_________________________________

"Axel?!" April whispers when her eyes lock with the man she thought she would never see again. The girl couldn't comprehend how her Axel was standing just in front of her.

"April..." Axel states again in shock, still not believing what he was seeing. However it was only when April had run up to him, wrapped her arms around his torso and sobbed against his chest, that Axel finally realised that his April was alive.

"I...I thought you were dead." Axel tells April, making Axel wrap his arms tighter around the girl, afraid of ever letting go.

"I thought you were! And my family and everyone else." April cries again against Axel's chest, making Axel's heart clench at the sound of the girl's crying.

"April...look at me." Axel thickly swallows before he grabs the girl's face with his hand and wipes the tears flowing from her face.

"They're alive. Everyone is, your family, the group, they're all here." Axel comments before Aprils eyes widen at the sudden revelation.

"Oh my god." April whispers in relief before she lays her head against Axel's chest again, already missing his touch.

"Wait so where are they? Why are you on your own?" April asks confusedly when she looks back up at Axel again.

Looking down at the girl, Axel quickly reassures the girl. "They're outside. They don't know you're here. I uh wanted to explore the prison first Y'know just to scout it out...and I found you April. I found you."

Smiling at his explanation, April goes to respond however Chris quickly interrupts by clearing his throat. "I uh would hate to ruin this little reunion but I um didn't expect you two to know each other."

At this, both Axel and April get out of their embrace before turning to Chris, almost forgetting that he was standing there.

"Uh yeah we were together before this but uh we got separated. It's been 8 months."
Axel states before clearing his throat, still not comprehending that April was alive.

"Jesus. Well I guess I should give you two some space to catch up then." Chris states.

"Yeah thanks, I appreciate it man." Axel responds before he pulls April closer to him again.

"Just to make sure...is it too late to make a move on April? I mean are you guys still actually together orrr?" Chris asks before Axel glances back to give him a deathly glare.

"Yeah okay I'm just gonna take that as a no." Chris responds before he quickly leaves the entrance of the block and back up to the cells.

Shaking his head, Axel couldn't help but roll his eyes before April giggles. "I didn't know you guys knew each other."