Shino

AN/

a short one shot to get myself pumped to write again. tx for reading :*

~~~

Arachnophobia, the fear of spiders. I'm not sure if I have that but I know for sure I hate Arachnids. They crawl and jump around like they own the place. They leave threads and try to live in your house without asking. Just everything about them tell me to run away from them.

I stood there, staring at the brownish creature on the floor that was also staring at me. There was no way I was gonna know if it's poisonous or not, so I decided to called Shino.

He knew a lot about insects, so hopefully he could help. Spiders aren't technically insects but maybe he could help anyway. As I picked up my phone and called him I watched the spider the whole time. My past experiences tell me never to let them out of my sight. They can be there one second and gone the next.

After a few seconds of waiting he answered the phone. "Hello?" That usual monotone voice of his coming out of the end of my cell. Just hearing him speaking made me feel a whole lot better about the situation.

"Hey Shino, I have a problem." I put the phone between my cheek and my shoulder. Grabbing a plastic cup, rushed over and placed it over the spider before it could run off. There was no easy way to do it either, shivers ran through my spine as I captured it under the cup.  "I have this spider under this cup and I'm afraid it's gonna kill me or something. So I was wondering if you could come over and help me?" 

~~~

Dishes clattered lightly together as I went to search for the ceramic mug Shino drinks out of every time he comes over. It wasn't anything special, it was just plain cream colored mug, but he insists to have that one.

"Sorry I made you come over so suddenly. I know I should get over this bug thing since we're...you know. And thank you for taking care of the spider." He nodded, contently listening to my chatter.

I filled the mug with boiling water, dipping a tea bag into the hot water before handing it to him. "A fear takes a while to overcome." He took a sip of the bitter tea, unconsciously playing with the handle.  

Shrugging, I sat down in the chair next to his. "I guess, but I feel a little puny for not having any courage to deal with bugs." He pat me on the shoulder for reassurance. He wasn't the best at communicating, but it was enough.

"It's what makes you attractive. Small and frail, something to protect." A flood of red filled my cheeks, the temperature heating up like an oven. He noticed my embarrassment very easily, him brushing my cheeks with the back of his hand.

"You really feel that way?" He nodded again, making me smile slightly. "Thank you, I feel a lot better."