Neji

Requested by: R-E-Dvelvetcake2040

A/n: sorry if it's a little short.

~~~

"Hey, Neji?" I asked my boyfriend of three months, watching what he was doing from behind his shoulder. He was playing with with Shikamaru, his opponent's favorite game.

As usual, Shikamaru was winning. With him thinking four, five, even six steps ahead, it was almost impossible for anyone of his friends to beat him. His dad is the only one that can.

"Not now (f/n)! I really think I got the upper hand for once!..." He pushed my face away, squishing it a bit. I waved his hand away, pouting from being ignored.

"Come on Nej, pay attention to your girl. It's been a while since you guys got to see each other. With you being on missions a lot lately." Shikamaru butted. Tsking as he did, pretty much upset how Neji treated the situation. Neji scrunched his face towards his opponent.

"So what? She's not your girlfriend." He taunted towards Shikamaru. I gulped, not wanting the to get ugly.

The problem with Neji is that his pride is so big it's suffocating. If someone calls him out or annoys him too much he just gets angry. And not all at once, either, it's more like it grows.

Neji placed his white, thin play piece right where he wanted it. Keeping his eyes on Shikamaru as he played made the tension in the air grow more.

Even though Neji was watching, Shikamaru went into his famous thinking stance. Thinking of both a intelligent move and a response. He moved his piece, without needing too long to think.

"I just think that you should be nicer. If she was my girlfriend, I would pay attention to her even if it was for a second." Shikamaru took his piece placing it without needing a long time to think of the move, "I win." He stated, beating Neji as if it was nothing.

I looked over at Neji, who was red faced. So embarrassed and mad that there could be smoke coming from his ears.

"Well, I'll be going. See ya later, Nej, (f/n)." Shikamaru took put the game pieces away inside the board and picked it up. He left without saying another word, trying to get Neji to think about what he just said.

I watched as he left, leaving a frustrated Neji and I by ourselves.when I looked back over at Nej, he was back to his normal face. Which was full of no emotion.

"You okay Neji?" I asked her, knowing that he's really stubborn about stuff like this. "Nej, it's okay. Like really, I understand that you were busy." I rubbed his arm awkwardly, trying to make him feel better.

"No, I'm sorry. We really haven't seen each other because of the many missions we've both been on. I guess I got a little competitive." I have him a hug, which he returned. He pulled my into his lap almost instinctively. I guess he got it from when I always just walk up and sit in his lap randomly, so I guess he's so used to it.

"At least we're together now....alone." I looked back at his if he was thinking what I was thinking.

"It's still day out, why don't we go out somewhere and come back and be 'alone' together?" I nodded, a giant smile on my face.

"Sounds good to me."