__________________

Eira showed up at Klaus's door. She was somewhat nervous to see him. She knocked on the door and waited. The door opened to reveal Klaus.

His eyes widened seeing her. He never expected her to come to him. His vision took in every detail about her. She had acquired a black leather jacket and he noticed she wore black makeup to accentuate her eyes. She was different. A little spark of hope lit up in his heart that she had remembered him. But the words that came out of her mouth killed any hope he had.

"I need your help," Eira started.

Klaus frowned and he walked away from the doorway, leaving the door open. Eira followed him inside and she shut the door once she was inside.

"So, I'm guessing one of your little friends sent you here to sweet talk me? To use my feelings for you against me?" Klaus questioned, pouring alcohol into a glass for himself.

"Well, everyone else is scared of you and no one else can convince you to do anything," Eira explained.

"And what is it that you need to convince me of?" Klaus asked.

"Kol has Damon. Can you talk to your brother, get him to release Damon?" Eira asked, softly.

"You're in no position to ask requests of me anymore, love," Klaus glared at her and his words held hurt. "You're the one that rejected me."

"It wasn't my intention to hurt you. I would never want to hurt you," Eira said, honestly.

The glass in Klaus's hand broke and he vamp sped in front of Eira, startling her. He glared down at her and angrily gritted his teeth,"Yet, you come here, knowing that your presence around me makes me think you might want me the way you used to."

Eira's breath came out unevenly at their close proximity. Her heart beat erratically. She looked anywhere but at him. Klaus put his fingers under her chin and he tilted her face so she looked at him.

Once her eyes found his stormy blue ones, tears built up in her eyes and her voice trembled,"I'm sorry that I'm hurting you. And I wish that glare you look at me with wasn't one of anger but of hate. It would make it so much easier if you hated me."

   "I could never hate you. Trust me, I've tried," Klaus said, his face softening and his glare gone.

   Eira took a step back from him. She needed to think and his close proximity wasn't allowing her to think properly.

   "I'm not asking you to do this for me," Eira started. "You want the cure. Damon is the one that trains Jeremy. So, just do this for the cure."

   "The only reason I ever started searching for the cure is because you weren't by my side. The cure is a way to occupy myself until I can be with you again," Klaus explained and guilt nagged at her heart. "But I'll put up pretenses and say I want it. I'll get Damon released."

  Klaus pulled out his phone and he called Kol, threatening him to release Damon. She sighed in relief once he did. Klaus ended the phone call and she looked up at him.

   "Thank you," Eira said, sincerely.

   Klaus looked at her intensely, analyzing every feature about her. He finally spoke,"How are you?"