I watched as his gazed dropped to where my shirt had fallen open, the press of my breasts together catching his attention before his eyes made way back up to my face. He let his tongue glide against his lips, and I felt a rush of heat zip through my body.

"It'll be our secret then, hm?"

I flashed him a sweet, sultry smirk, nodding my head as I pushed off the counter and grabbed a bottle of water.

"I'll eat later," I announced while making my way out of the room. "I've got to study for a bit, then I'll come back down."

[]

Stepping out of the shower, I wrapped a towel securely around my body as I wiped away the steam from the mirror. I wiped the excess makeup off from under my eyes, before opening the door and making my way out of the bathroom.

Just as I had rounded the corner of the hallway, my body collided with someone and I almost fell, only to be caught by two strong hands.

"Shit! I'm so sorry, I- oh, god," Mr. Mendes stuttered, holding onto me while squeezing his eyes shut.

"Oh! I thought you were gone already!" I cried, tightening my grip on the towel as he let me go.

"No, I- your parents said there was an emergency at your mom's work and asked me to stay here with you. I was coming up here to tell you and... yeah."

I glanced at him, taking in how young he looked with his eyes shut and the nervous, pink twinge clinging to his cheeks.

"Okay, um, well, I'm gonna go change and then I'll meet you downstairs." I mumbled, turning on my heel and rushing to my room.

Once I had shut my bedroom door, I leaned against it and let out a loud sigh, trying to calm my pounding heart.

I dressed quickly before making my way downstairs, spotting Mr. Mendes on the couch, watching the news. I sat on the cushion across from him, tucking my legs beneath me.

"So much for no more awkwardness," I mumbled quietly, glancing up at him with a small smile.

My attempt to clear the air worked; his head tilted forward as he chuckled then looked up to me. "I'm really sorry, Julianna. That was really... weird."

"Let's just forget about it then, okay?"

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea."

"Okay, good," I nodded, clicking on my phone to check the time. "I'm okay here by myself, if you want to leave. It's almost eleven."

"It's okay, Julianna. I don't mind staying." He said, now ignoring the news and focusing his attention on me.

"Are you sure? What about your girlfriend?" I tilted my head forward, moving my attention to him and away from my phone.

"The one I talked about the first day? It was a lie," He laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. "I tend to have students, you know, flirt with me, so saying I'm in a relationship makes them back off."

"Boys or girls?" I teased, a small giggle falling from my lips.

"Both," He shot back, a playful smile on his lips. "I wish I were kidding, too."

Mr. Mendes | shawn mendesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें