"God, he looks good." Caroline sighed dramatically, making a small whine as Jack playfully nudged her shoulder.

"Hellooo, I'm right here." He frowned at her, shaking his head.

"It's just a fact! Even Jules thinks he's hot." Caroline protested, switching her gaze to me.

"You do?" Sammy asked, laughing as if he couldn't believe it. "You never think anyone is hot, J."

"You do?" Chase asked, a brow perked as he looked down at me.

I could feel myself flushing under the attention, trying to find words when my phone dinged with a text.

"Saved by the bell," Johnson teased, while I flipped him off and checked my texts.

Shawn is joining us for Thursday family dinner night!!! Be home ASAP so we can all eat together xx

"I've gotta get going," I said, locking my phone as my head raced with thoughts. "I forgot it's family night."

"We better go, too. It's getting late, babe," Caroline said to Jack, nodding as she hugged everyone else goodbye.

I said goodbye to everyone and let Chase walk me further down the parking lot to my car. We stopped once there, my hand on the handle to open the door as I felt his hand on my waist.

"Hey, get home safe, okay?" He smiled, leaning down to kiss my lips.

In the last second, I turned my head, giving him a cheek kiss instead before I pulled back and gave him a somewhat forced smile. "Yeah, you too."

He looked confused as I got into my car as casually as I could, but returned the wave I gave him as I backed out before driving off.

[]

"Hi, darling," My mother kissed my forehead as I set my keys down, along with my school bag once I stepped inside. "You're just in time. We're about to sit down and eat. C'mon,"

I could hear laughter coming from the kitchen and the smell of pizza filled the air.

I followed her, feeling a bit nervous to see Mr. Mendes. We had agreed for it not to be awkward, but I still felt as if it was.

"Hi, dad," I waved as I pushed my hair back, taking in the sight that surrounded the room.

Boxes of pizza were opened, and a pack of beer sat on the counter. My father stood on one side of the counter, beer in hand, and Mr. Mendes stood the same on the opposite side.

"Jules! Perfect timing, grab a plate, yeah?" He squeezed my shoulder gently, offering a grin as he walked towards the table.

Once my dad was away from us, I looked up to Mr. Mendes, my gaze freezing on his long fingers wrapped around the bottle in his hand.

"Drinking on a school night, Mr. Mendes?" I teased, tilting my head. "If you're sluggish tomorrow, perhaps I'll know why."

Mr. Mendes tossed his head back, laughing as he set his drink down. "You can't tell me you've never done it, Julianna."

Leaning forward, I rested my elbow on the counter, pressing my chin into my palm. I blinked my lashes slowly and sweetly as I whispered softly, "Promise you won't tell my parents."