Waiting for the Snow to Fall

Elena returned to the house slamming the door behind her. Caroline, who was upstairs in her room now swished down meeting a very angered Elena, who now passed by her heading up to what was her room. Caroline followed stopping her not letting her go further till she explained, "Elijah! He is no better than the rest of them."

Caroline looked cluless at her friend and her wide-eyed expression was asking her friend to get to the point.

"It turns out a certain Aya is coming down from New York. As his +1."

"Oh!" Caroline exclaimed.

"Yes, OH! But, I should not get - so- UGH! I am no better than him. I am with someone, too, and- whatever!" Elena plonked down on the bed running nervously her hands through her hair.

"Ok- so, has someone- and- " Caroline didn't know how to entangle this particular knot, and yet continued-"did he tell you about her? How did -?

Elena now sighed a little retelling her how she found out about Aya.

"After lunch, I went to that designer shop to see about those shoes that I wanted, but they didn't have in my size, and there was this corset I saw, which I thought would fit me better, and I went to try it on- and-"

"And?"Caroline couldn't wait in anticipation for Elena to continue.

"His sister and his - the other one- sister-in-law were there and - they- well, one of them said-I don't know how Elijah is going to deal with Aya, now that Elena is here. The other one then said Aya is his +1? Is he with her?' What happened to Hayley?' At that I got out of the place. Ah, whatever" Elena said standing up still flustered,"why do I care?!"

"Because you wanted it to be special and magical- and it was- you two meeting so out of nowhere- and so dreamy- almost fairy- tale like" Caroline said feeling for her friend.

"I told you it doesn't exist. He was all like everyone- acting all sweet- it was nothing but another hook up. But it's not even a big deal. Why am I so - ugh!!! I am a hypocrite. I got what I asked for."

To make her friend perk up a bit, Caroline tri3d to mellow her friend's mood,"At least you had great sex- twice. And fun. Fun is ok."

"It doesn't make sense- he said he doesn't do one-nights- arghhh!" Elena felt anger shoot up her veins.

Slumping on her bed with tears welling up. Deep down in her soul she wanted it to be the fairy-tale thing. "I don't know why allowed myself to be swept into the whole serendipity thing.

"Oh, Elena" Caroline didn't know how to make things better.

Hearing the doorbell go, Caroline excused herself and went to see who it was.

Elena jumping up from the bed. She looked at the gown hanging on the wardrobe door. "There is no magic"

But things were not as she thought they were. Well, not entirely. What Elena didn't hear was Rebekah saying,
"Aya is his P.A., and just invited her as a last minute thing. Hayley got married. He is mad about Elena."

*
Returning to the Mansion, Elijah greeted Aya, who had arrived when he was at lunch with Elena. After introducing her to his mother, he and the faithful P.A. went to the library to talk.

"I have the need to apologize for having put you in this position," Elijah said. "I was careless, and it was not right to give you the illusion- if you had any- not that you would about- why I invited you as my +1. I trully apologize for- if there was a misunderstanding."

Aya gulped a bit. Well, she had the illusion, and now Elijah crushed it severely.

"Oh, I completely understand." Aya kept composed.