Too lost in you

a/n: this ch is super steamy_just letting you know.

The Mikaelson Mansion was buzzing as all the preparations for the Yule Ball were in its last stages.

Rebekah and Sage sat down in the garden, enjoying the morning coffee, away from the whole prep stress, as well as Esther's commanding persona.

"I wish she actually had the magical wand so all could be done in a second." Rebekah said.

"It's not a Disney cartoon." Sage said chuckling. "Anyway- you were caught smooching with the hunky Bayou wolf boy."

"What do you mean- I was caught?"

"Esther saw you" Sage cocked an eyebrow, curling a poignant smile up.

"Oh- she made a comment, right? What did she say?" Rebekah was a tad bit annoyed. Even though it was not malicious, Rebekah still was frustrated.

"She only said that she wished he was the one. That he seems to be the most decent one you have brought to the Ball." Sage said.

"Decent!?" Rebekah muttered slightly annoyed. Why Esther put an accent on it was done purposly as the string of dates i.e. boyfriends Rebekah brought home over the centuries was a charade of colourful characters.

"I think the only one she liked was Alexander" Sage said.

"Please- don't remind me of him." Rebekah's heart fluttered with sadness. The demon hunter broke her heart, same as a few others. "Can we talk about something else- like Elijah and his mystical woman. He is like so fallen. I've never seen him like this. It's like she descended from the stars. He is so clumsily sweet."

"I know, but it looks like she is into him as well. I think she is the one he has been looking all these centuries for."

"They are kind of cute- both so squinty as Kol said." Rebekah remarked."I just hope she falls for him in the same way."

"And Kol- wow- he took Bonnie to Mama Agnes" Sage said.

"What? How do you know all this?" Rebekah was stunned.

"He talks to Finn. Finn talks to me." Sage reminded her sister-in-law.

"Well, it is a magical time this year definitely if Kol has taken a girl to Mama Agnes." Rebekah said taking a sip of the coffee.

They saw Esther approach and that meant it was time to start decorating the tree.

*
In the French Quarter, in the Bennett house, everyone was up already as well. It was nearly midday. Each and one of them were buzzing about the night before.

They all had so much to share, as a lot had happened as they found themselves under the mistletoe. Caroline flattered around the kitchen going on and on about Klaus and the upcoming Ball.

But Elena was not in such a glistening mood. Inside she burnt with guilt.

Flashback

Elijah moved out of the kiss looking at the brunette dearly.

Elena opened her eyes still reveling in the sweetness of his lips on hers. She looked at him dazed. Feelings that she was harboring, broke loose.

She pressed her face onto his cheek lovingly. And his hand that rested on her hips moved up her back pressing gently into a snug hug, kissing her on the end side of her forehead and as she moved to meet his eyes, and they gleamed with desire she could not hide- and he now took her by the hand, and Elena followed him.