29

" i want to....

stop the treatment"

MARK'S POV

I looked down. I was too nervous to see how they would react.

I braced myself to look up. They seemed shocked, sad and even disappointed. Dahyun ran away with tears in her eyes. While my mom just stay in her place.

" w-why? " my mom asked, heading towards me.

" i know that this is going nowhere. "

" but there's still hope. Please, think wisely about it"
She held my hand, trying to convince me to change my decision .

" sorry mom. I've been thinking about it for long and its final. I know I'm gonna leave soon. I don't want people to suffer because of me. I don't wanna burden you anymore. And.. Dahyun. She need to focus on her life too. I don't want her to sacrifice her passion for me. I know how much she wants to be a successful idol. And now she's leaving everything just because of me. I'm not gonna let it happen. Plus, I don't think I can hold this pain anymore. Sorry mom "

My mom sobbed hard. I hugged her, trying to calm her down. For some time, she calmed down.

"If that would made you happy, dear"

I smiled at her. "Thanks omma"

Nobody's pov.

Dahyun curled up in her bed in guest room, sobbing. She was disappointed with Mark. Mark just gave up on his life. At the same time, she was scared. Scared of losing him.

There was knocks on the door. "Dahyun, may I come in?"

She wiped her tears and sat on the bed. "Yes, omma"

Mrs Tuan came in, but not alone. There was also Mark. Dahyun avoid her gaze with mark at looked away. She was still mad.