26

2 months later.

Dahyun's pov

We've just finished our promotion for our comeback.
I was chilling with the guys at my dorm . yeah, freedom. Then my phone rang.

It was Irene unnie. Should I pick it up? Should I ignore it? I choose to ignore it. But then it rang again and it was the same person calling. Seems like I can't avoid her forever huh?

"Annyeong unnie. "

" annyeong dahyunie. I miss you. You're on a break right? Let's meet up tomorrow. Please don't reject "

" hmm. Okay. I'll meet you at our usual place?"

" okay. Thanks. Dahyunie. Saranghaeyo "

One word, ' awkward'. I sometimes wonder doesn't she feels guilty after what she did ? Hmm. Never mind. We can't force feelings. They fall in love. It's not their fault. Smile, dahyun. It's time to face her. You can do it, dahyun !

The day.

Now I'm sitting right in front of her. She's so gorgeous and feminine, how couldn't Mark fell for her.

" hi dahyunie. How are you doing? It's been a long time we haven't seen each other" she held my hand in hers.

" hi unnie. I'm doing fine. How about you? I bet you're happy with Mark. " it hurts to say that with a smiling face.

" about that... I'm sorry dahyun. I-"

" it's okay. Things happened. I bet he's just not meant for me" i cut her off .

" no. I'm sorry, I lied. "

" what do you mean by you lied? " i looked at her with a curious face  .

" actually... We're not dating. It was all his plan. We never had feelings for each other more than just friends. We did it because.... "

Her eyes get watery . just what did I missed?

" mark is sick. Not just sick, but dying. "

I was so shocked. Tears fell down my cheeks.

" he asked me to pretend as his girlfriend so that you'll hate him and move on. He did it because he is sick ! When his cancer was on stage 3, he had a surgery to remove his tumor. He promised that he'll fight to get you back after the surgery . you must have receive bunch of gifts from unknown sender right? It was him. He was about to reveal himself, But..  Things doesn't go well. The surgery was a failure and his tumor went bigger. He's now facing cancer stage 4 . I'm sorry that I didn't tell you earlier. I've promised him to keep it as a secret but I don't think its the right thing to do. You have the right to know. Please, don't hate me dahyunie. It actually hurts me seeing both of you parting from each other when both of you still loving so much. He kept on telling me how much she missed you but he can't tell you about it. and I can't stand you hating me. Both of you are important to me. He needs you, be there for him " she bursts into tears.

We hugged, tightly before we parted away. I already forgave her. It's not her fault. Plus, i miss her too.

I rushed to his dorm. I really really really want to see him. I need to make sure he's okay. I want to see him. I miss him, a lot. My tears kept falling down, but I didn't mind. All I've been thinking about is him.

He's an idiot! He should have told me about it. He shouldn't have lied.  I want to be there when he needs me. I want to treasure our moments if it was meant to be the last for us.

And JYP, and all the got7 members and Jackson himself! Why he didn't tell us, tell me about it? I'm so mad, so disappointed with him. I thought we were best friendsThink positive, dahyun. There must be a reason for it.

As soon as I reached to the building, I ran to their dorm. I rang the bell. Still panting, I wait for someone to open the door.

The door cracked opened.

" dahyun? "

End of chapter 26.

Leave a comment. 😊