xxv: valentines day

Olivia's heels shoes clicked against the stone floor of the dungeon as she paces back and forth. She kept an eye on the tiny watch on her wrist, as she began to grow more and more impatient.

Regulus Black was late. She felt like a fool. Was this all a joke to him? Had all their banter gotten in the way of their actual plan? Did he think this was another one of her jokes?

She felt stupid. There she was, pacing the corridor in her evening dress for him. Why was she doing this? And for Regulus Black of all people. She wasn't even sure if she liked him. And yet there she was...

Suddenly, she heard a clammed of footsteps coming around the corner. She spun around, and her eyes fell upon a slightly disheveled Regulus Black. He wore all black, just as he always did, and his black hair was slicked back. He cleared his throat.

"Evening." He coughed, as he took a step towards her. "I'm sorry I'm late."

"Got lost did you?" She retorted with a quirked eyebrow. "It's quite a journey from your common room, I can imagine."

He ignored her sarcastic jab, and took a step closer. His eyes lingered upon her for a moment, making their way down her figure. "You look nice."

Olivia bit the inside of her lip, mostly as an attempt to stop herself from smirking. "Wish I could say the same for you."

"Charming as ever, Delvano." He said, rolling his eyes. He outstretched his hand. "Shall we?"

Olivia stepped forward, brushing past him in the direction of Slughorns dinner party. She heard Regulus click his tongue, before he turned and followed her down the hall.

As they entered Slughorns party, Olivia was instantly overwhelmed by the festive decorations. Pink and red streamers lined the ceiling about them, and heart-shaped decorations covered the walls. Slow opera music played in the background, providing a sick ambiance to the atmosphere.

"Lovely." Olivia remarked sarcastically as she came to a halt. Regulus stood beside her, his eyes scanning the room. Suddenly, he groaned.

"Oh, for fucks sake." He seethed under his breath. Olivia shot him a look.

"What?" She asked. He gestured with his head towards the corner of the room. Olivia followed his eye-line and pursed her lips together. "Oh."

Standing there against the stone wall was none other than Sirius Black, suited in a fitted navy tux, his hair slicked back into a tight bun. He leaned against the wall, talking to Sasha Reyonds, a Gryffindor in her year. She giggled as he whispered something in her ear; Olivia didn't care to know what they were talking about.

"Of course." Regulus sulked. "Of course he's here."

Olivia rolled her eyes. "He's not done anything to you."

"Yet." He added bitterly.

"Don't worry about him." Olivia tried to assure him. "Try and have fun... for once."

Regulus did not appreciate her remark, and he gave her a disapproving glare. She tried her hardest to contain her laughter, and decided to let him cool off on his own.

She made her way over to the refreshments table. Heart-shaped sweets lined the table, as did meat pies, treacle tarts, and dragon tartare. Just as Olivia reached for a heart-shaped cupcake, she felt someone tap her shoulder gently.