xxiii: muggle fights

Olivia had spent the entire first week back at Hogwarts alone. Her friends gave her space, which she was grateful for. But she knew she was being a pain, she could feel her friends growing more concerned, and more annoyed at her as time went on. She wanted nothing more than for things to go back to normal, but something was holding her back.

It was Thursday afternoon. Olivia was walking to Charms alone. Cordelia and Marie were walking up ahead together, giving small glances behind them every so often. Olivia walked steadily but quickly, dodging other students and teachers coming in the opposite direction.

She was so caught up in her own thoughts that she didn't notice two people suddenly appear beside her. She glanced up, and saw a tan face with cold black eyes. Louis Harnot. She rolled her eyes. She glanced to her other side and saw a tan, scrawny face and dull grey eyes. Damien Roian, another Slytherin in her year.

"Can I help you?" She spat up at them both irritatedly.

"Heard about your father." Harnot replied drolly. "My condolences."

"Aw, that is so sweet." She replied, her voice laced with viscous sarcasm. "Run along."

"Don't get too smart with me, Delvano. I know a lot more than you may think I do" He snarled down at her.

"Ooh, I'm shaking in my shoes." Olivia rolled her eyes. Her sharp remarks did nothing to Harnot except annoy him further. His brow furrowed, and his jaw clenched.

"Whatever." He scoffed, shoving past her into the Charms classroom. "Bitch."

Olivia sat alone in Charms class, just as she had been doing since the start of term. Much to her dismay, Louis and Damien sat directly opposite her, with Regulus alongside them. They would occasionally glance up in her direction, before they exchanged looks, whispers, and smirks. Olivia tried her best to ignore them.

'Depending on the caster's concentration and intentions, this charm can be anything from a simple jet of water to a wave.' Olivia wrote silently, dipping she quill in ink as she continued writing down the parchment.

Olivia had just started a new paragraph on the pronunciation, when she heard a soft voice whisper from across the room. "Aguamenti!"

In a matter of seconds, she felt an uncomfortable cold stream of water trickle down from her head to her feet. She stood up, flinging her quill across the classroom as she looked down at her dripping wet clothes. The entire class gaped at Olivia with open mouths as her hair began to frizz and her wet clothes clung to her body.

Damien and Louis were sitting opposite her, laughing hysterically. She looked over at them, her cheeks burning. She glanced over at Regulus, who sat beside them emotionlessly. He hadn't tried to stop them, or tell them off for doing such a thing. No, he just stood by and watched. Olivia felt her stomach drop and her cheeks heat up with embarrassment as she felt all eyes upon her.

"What's going on?" Flitwick asked, completely confused about the sudden commotion.

"Apologise." She spat across at the two boys, who were still laughing hysterically.

"Bite me, Delvano." Louis snarked at her."You deserve it for being such a bitch."

People laughed and whispered, and Olivia felt her cheeks getting hotter and hotter. She kicked her chair back and began to stride towards the two boys, puddles of water trailing behind her. She strode up to Louis's desk, her eyes watery and full of rage. His face showed no remorse, but was plastered with the same smug look.

Without hesitation, Olivia raised her fist and punched Louis straight in the jaw, causing him to fall off his chair. The entire class erupted in fits of gasps and cheers while Professor Flitwick dashed to get another teacher.