ix : bunk off

Olivia awoke to an obnoxious tapping sound echoing through the room. She let out an exaggerated sigh, and stood up out of her nice warm bed. When her feet hit wooden floor, a tingling feeling came running up her leg and she shivered. It was now the middle of autumn and the weather had grown colder these last few days. The once green healthy leaves that covered the grounds of Hogwarts had now turned to orange and yellow decaying leaves.

Olivia walked over to the source of the tapping noise to find her parents owl, Arabella, tapping her grey beak on the window impatiently. She unlatched the window and pulled it open, getting a shock from the bitter cold breeze. Olivia untied the letter from Arabella's leg, who flew off as her job was done. Typical.

No matter if the letter was good or bad, Olivia decided not to let her parents get to her, especially at seven in the morning. She carelessly tossed the letter onto her messy unmade bed, resisting the urge to jump right back in bed. All the girls were sleeping peacefully, Olivia didn't blame them though.

The pile of assignments and homework Olivia needed to complete were sky high and most nights, she got five, maybe six hours of sleep if she was lucky. With their NEWTs coming up next year, the students teachers were pushing them to the extreme by going as far as having lessons during the evening and night. But fortunately, some good things had come out of this.

Slughorn was forced to postpone his infamous dinner parties, due to lack of time and what McGonagall called 'an unnecessary distraction and a waste of time'. Most students were please about this action but, unfortunately, the party was still being held that night. Olivia had been dreading it for ages. She had seriously considered jumping of the astronomy tower at one point, but thought better of it.

Olivia carelessly tossed her uniform on and pulled her hair into a high ponytail. With her bag over her shoulder, Olivia dawdled down to the Great Hall. Numerous students were scattered around the Great Hall with a shared look: tiredness. Many of the teachers were showing signs of tiredness too, and were eating their breakfast with sleepy eyes.

Olivia sat down at the Ravenclaw table and began buttering herself some toast. By the time she had finished eating her breakfast, most students including her friends were at the Great Hall enjoying their time before class. Then, the most peculiar thing happened.

Thousand of owls flew into the hall each bearing an identical letter. As if on que, the letters were dropped into the laps of every student in the Great Hall. One by one, everyone started opening the letter, curiosity getting the better of them. Olivias fingers fumbled trying to open the letter, when she finally got it.

Dear fellow student,

Once again, school is getting the better of us. I think we deserve a break, don't you?. I mean, two days just isn't enough. Well you finally have your wish.

Mr Lupin will cast a spell, making each of the professors take a sip of their morning pumpkin juice. Inside, is a sleeping draught that will put any individual asleep for ten hours. During this time, you may do as you please. Sleep, play quidditch, eat, duel, its your choice. Make the most of it.

Sincerely,

James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew.

There were scattered gasps heard around the hall. Olivia looked up to see each of the teachers sound asleep. Silence was all that was heard in the Great Hall before loud cheering echoed though the hall. Olivia looked to her friends, who were all laughing hysterically.

"This is amazing!" Kian yelled, clapping his hands together. Paxton wiped a tear that fallen onto is cheek out of pure joy.

"I'm leaving. If your looking for me, I'll be in the kitchen". Marie dismissed herself, jogging towards the kitchen.

One by one, her friends left to do their own thing. The Great Hall was still filled with many students, most of which were eating piles of junk food. Poor elves probably had no idea what was going on.

As much as Olivia wanted to spend the day doing leisurely activities, she couldn't. She was still so far behind on all of her work, and she feared she may never get another chance to do it all. With much annoyance, Olivia huffed, and made her way to the library.

As expected, the library was absolutely deserted. She appeared to be the only person in there, with the exception of two first year Ravenclaw boys. She made her way to a desk in the far corner of library, which was right next to a great window overlooking the Hogwarts grounds.

She saw hundreds of students all outside, making the most of the day. And it was a beautiful day. Sunny and warm, despite it being late October. Students were playing Quidditch, skimming rocks along the Black Lake, and just having a good time. Olivia groaned in envy, and looked back at her mountain of unfinished assignments.

She had been in the library for over two hours, and she had just finished a charms essay that Flitwick had assigned. She was just getting started on her Transfiguration paper, when a voice distracted her. "A whole day to do anything and you decide to spend it in the library."

She looked up to see Black staring down and smirking at her. Her eyes lingered on him for a bit, before she looked back down at her assignment. "Why do you care?"

"I don't. I just think that it makes you seem incredibly boring." He replied. Olivia shot a look back at him.

"I don't care about what you think. Leave me alone to do my boring activities." She snapped as she started to write more aggressively.

"God, you are so unlikeable, Delvano." He said back to her. "I hope you're not going to Slughorns tonight."

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I am." Olivia said with fake insincerity. She looked back down at her essay, hoping that he would walk away, but he didn't. She glanced up at him. "Do you want something?"

"Why would I want anything from you?" He asked her skeptically.

"You're just standing there. If I'm so unlikeable, why don't you leave me alone?" She snapped at him, looking back down at her work. Thankfully, her hostile attitude caused Black to leave, and she was able to continue with her assignment.