xiv : the christmas list

The whole class was growing restless, fidgeting every moment or so. They were waiting for Marie to clearly see something in her divination ball. Apparently, the only thing she could see was a bird but Strangesock said it "wasn't clear enough". This had been going on for 10 minutes now and right now, Marie was everyones least favourite person.

"I think I see a bird". She said uneasily, causing everyone in the class to moan and groan in annoyance.

"Just make something up, Marie! Lunch started 15 minutes ago!" Olivia snapped, growing impatient.

"Professor, please". Cordelia said to Strangesock. "Just let us go to lunch". She pleaded, trying reason with her.

"Ugh fine". Strangesock gave in, wiping the sweat from her forehead. "You're all free to go. Except you, Marie". she added as we they raced out the door.

"Oh, thank Merlin". Olivia cried, finally walking into the Great Hall, the smell of various delicious foods overwhelming her.

"I do love Marie, but she can go suck it". Paxton remarked as they sat down at the Ravenclaw table. "Oh, how I've missed the taste of food!"

"You ate this morning". Kian replied smugly, shoving a spoonful of pasta into his mouth. Paxton rolled his eyes at this comment, and continued to eat his lunch.

Professor McGonagall came around to the group, with a piece of parchment in her hands. "Afternoon. This is the sheet for those staying at Hogwarts over the Christmas break. If you are doing so, make sure you put your name down. Oh, and once you're done, you can take that over to the Slytherin table- they haven't signed it yet."

"Are you staying over the break, Professor?" Paxton asked her as she went to walk away. She eyed him suspiciously over her glasses.

"Yes, of course, Mr Riheart."

"Oh, fine. You've convinced me! I'll stay, just for you, Professor." He said.

McGonagall gave him a disapproving look, and carried on in the opposite direction. Cordelia looked at him.

"Are you really staying over the break?" She asked.

"Fuck no! I was just joking. She loves it though." He said. Olivia frowned. By the look on McGonagalls face, Olivia could see that she most certainly did not love it.

"Is anyone really staying for Christmas?" Cordelia asked, taking a sip of her pumpkin juice. "Because I'm not".

"Neither am I ". Quentin said

Olivia turned to look at Kian, a questioning look on her face. "Are you going home too?" She asked, dreading his next few words. Having none of her friends here this Christmas would be...different. Every year, at least three of them would be together for the holidays, at home or at Hogwarts.

"Yes, unfortunately". he said halfheartedly, "The family code remember: 'Through marriage and things alike, once a Williams, always a Williams'. Which means my whole family is going to Nans house, even the extended family!". Kian ranted, growing angrier and angrier by the second.

"Don't you have like 28 cousins?" Cordelia asked, her eyes focused on the book in front of her.

"Exactly!". he exclaimed. "We have to combine 4 long tables together just to have half the family sit down". he ranted, completely out of breath. Olivia patted him on the back, not really knowing any other way to calm him down rom his previous outburst. "I need some air". he said, standing up and leaving the Great Hall in an instant.

The group was quiet for the next few minutes, the tension still thick in the air. The only noises that could be heard was the crunching of food and the slurping of drinks. Olivia sighed and hesitantly wrote her name on the parchment. She got up without a word, and walked over to the Slytherins table.

She walked over to a group of boys she vaguely recognised, and slid the paper on the table. One of the boys, Olivia recognised as Louis Harnot, picked it up. "What's this?"

"Just the sheet you need to sign if you're staying at Hogwarts for Christmas." Olivia explained. Harnot looked at her and laughed.

"As if I'm staying here for Christmas! God, Delvano, why would you give us this?" He sniggered, while his friends all stifled laugher. Olivia looked around at them all, Regulus was among them.

She rolled her eyes. "I don't want your life story, Harnot. If you don't need it, pass it on."

Harnot looked down at the sheet, before a smirk appeared on his lips. "Oh, so you're staying here? Now, I'll be sure not to put my name down."

Olivia, whose face was growing hot and red, stormed off, while the group cracked up with uncharacteristic laughter. Instead of sitting back down with her friends, she simply headed out the entrance doors, too pissed to eat anything.

The group had finish laughing at the display, and carried on eating. Regulus had delegated himself to making sure everyone signed the sheet if they needed to. Once the sheet had been passed down the table, Regulus decided that he should be the one to hand it back to Professor McGonagall.

As he walked to the head table, he quickly turned his head around to see what his friends were doing. They were all stuffing their faces- typical. At the every last moment, making sure not to be caught by his friends, he messily wrote his name in the very last box on the page before handing it back to McGonagall.
-----------------------------

Foller chapter....again.
Don't forget to vote and comment and until next time.....

Mischief Managed