A Midnight Call

A Midnight Call

I plopped down on my soft bed, burying my face on the thick blankets.

'Too muuuch nuumbeers..." I slurred, but it came out as a muffled voice. My hands were tired and my brain is...well...BRAINDEAD.

Doing my math assignments at night does fuel out my brain.

So much for being an A plus geek girl.

I quickly made myself sit on bed to check up my phone for any text that I could receive, but so much for my anticipation, I saw none. I rolled my eyes, and swiped my screen to the left, hoping to play Temple Run, and beat my high score of 5354 and to relax myself.

When the game opened, I carelessly started tapping, impatiently waiting for the game company logo to skip, at actually start the game. When the title showed up, I tapped the screen, then a man went out of the cave, running...

My eyes only focused on my phone screen.

So far so good...

But I lose sight when my eyes shuts itself, and my mind picturing pitch black. When I got my consciousness back, I frowned, seeing the running man falling to his demise.

Well, entirely my fault.

I waited for the game to go to the scoreboards when...

The screen went blackout and a mini-icon of a silhouette man shows up, with a number. My ringtone rang full blast as a soldier started yelling.

'TEN HUTS! GIVE ME TEN HUTS!'

'PRRRRRRRRRRT!!!'

God, I hate my ringtone!

Alright! I'll answer it damn it!, I thought.

I moved my fingers to a stop when I saw the caller wasn't from my phone. No, it was an unknown number. I tried thinking for whoever it was from, but no one popped up. I gave up and just breathe a sigh.

Finally, I tapped the green telephone icon to answer the call.

11:26 - First Call
Audrey - Unknown Caller

"Umm...Hello?"

"Good, you finally answered..."

"Huh?"

"Henry, don't you recognize me yet huh?"

". . ." (I sure am familiar with your voice, but I just can't put my finger on this freaking screen...)

"I'm sure you know me. I got your girlfriend Rachel and I'm telling you, something's gonna happen to her if you don't go here right now--"

"Wait?! You kidnapped someone?"

"Hen--, I told you, I kidnapped your girlfriend and she's in danger. So, if you want to get her, then come to me"

". . ."

"It's your old buddy, Jace."

Oh, god no!

"Jace? If you're pulling a prank then you're fine, but is this serious?"

"I'm damn dead ser-- wait...This isn't...Henry?"

"Yeah, and this is a serious crime!"

"- - -"

"Oh cut the slack before I call my Dad who's the freaking sheriff by the way to hunt you dow--"

"Sheriff...Malor?"

"Yes..."

"Is this...Audrey? --Oh crap!" (I can hear him mutter more dirty words you could think of, so I let him)

". . ."

"...Okay, look, we got to talk...Audrey. Tell no one about this..."

"Well, you got a lot of explaining to do mister!"

-BEEP-

Jace? Jace Mitchell? Oh no way! The known bad boy in Eastman High. All my life, I've tried avoiding him, I never actually talked to this guy.

He's notorious, dangerous and mysterious. Boys kneel on their knees and girls hide in fear because of him, but me? I'll step up, probably stirring up trouble.

Good luck Audrey, good luck!

[YEY! First chapter edited! Vote or comment if you like it!"]