Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"I'm ready Liam!" I came hopping down the stairs and as I reached the last step, he put his arms out for me to jump in. I smiled and gladly jumped into his arms. He swung me around and as he set me down, he kissed me. "I can't wait to see your mom!! It's been forever!!" He laughed and grabbed my hand. "Well let's go babe!" We went out and hopped into his car. "Does she know we're dating yet?" "I haven't told her, so nope." "Alright....I love you Li." "I love you too Mitchie." He leaned over and kissed me lightly. We sung every song on the radio on the way there. Once we arrived, Liam hopped out and ran to my side, opening my door. "Thanks Liam." "You're very welcome babe." He grabbed my hand and helped me out. As soon as he shut my door, the front door opened. "Liam!! Oh! And you brought Mitchie!!" "Hey mum! I've missed you!" "I've missed you to honey!" He gave her a hug and pulled me over. "Mitchie, how are things with Jacob...?" "Oh, we broke up." "Oh really? Good for you sweetie!" "Let's go inside mum." We went in, and I noticed nothing at all had changed. "If you don't mind, how'd you get away?" Liam looked at me. "It's okay Mitch. You don't have to." "It's fine Li. Well, he had just gotten mad because he saw mine and Liam's text about me wanting to leave. He assumed we were dating as well because Liam called me 'babe' like he usually does. I ran off to the bathroom to hide, but after a few minutes h-he came bursting in. He held up a p-pistol ready to shoot, but Liam stopped him. He tackled him to the ground and punched him quite a bit. I'm surprised he didn't hurt in the process...anyway Liam threatened him that if he ever touched me again, he was dead, and he left." "My...that's horrible. But it's great you got away..." "Yeah...thank goodness Liam got there when he did too." While I had been talking, Liam had been calming me my rubbing my back. He's just so sweet and caring...I don't know why I didn't try to ask him out before. "Do you two want anything to drink?" "Water if you don't mind mum." "Alrighty, Mitchie?" "Water's fine." She smiled. "Alright. I'll be right back!" As soon as she was in the kitchen, Liam kissed me. "You didn't have to tell her." "I didn't mind, and besides she probaly just worried." "Well duh she's worried! You, who she just treats like her own daughter, were abused by your ex, and her only son stepped in." "Yeah I guess...how about when she gets back in here, we tell her?" "Alright." He smiled and put an arm around me. She walked in with our drinks and set them on the coffee table. "Mum, we want to tell you something." "Yes?" "We're dating." "Oh! That's fantastic!! I always knew it would happen! Your mum would be so happy!" "Mum-" "I'm calling her right now! Unless she already knows...?" "She doesn't but, mum c'mere." He led her into the kitchen to talk to her. We probaly should've told her that her best friend since 1st grade had died last year, but we just never talked about it. There wasn't even a funeral. She had been missing for days and after a while, they just claimed her dead. Once they walked back in, she looked at me with regret in her eyes. "Mitchie honey I'm so sorry! I didn't know!" "It's fine don't worry about it." I gave her a hopeful smile and stood up to hug her. "Once again I'm soo sorry." "It's alright." I let a couple of tears slip and Liam gave a sad smile. "What's going on in here? Oh Liam! Give your ole man a hug." "Hey dad!" Liam smiled and went over to his dad. "Mitchie! I almost didn't see you! C'mere! I haven't saw you in a while either!" "I know Mr.Payne, it's been a while." I said, hugging him. "Mitchie what did I tell you? Call me Geoff!" "Haha alright." "So, what happened?" "I'll tell you in here. They might want some time alone anyway." Karen said, pulling him into the kitchen. Liam walked over to me and pulled me into his arms. "You alright babe?" "I am now." He leaned back smiling and kissed me. "Oh Liam, we need to go back to my house." "Why?" "I left my charger and my phone's dead. Besides I might've left something else I want." "Alright. We can go after we leave." "Alright thanks babe." "No problem." They walked back in and his dad just looked at me, like he felt sorry for me. "C'mere Mitchie." I walked over and he just looked at me for a second before bringing me into a hug. "We're like your family, so if you ever need anything, just ask alright?" "Yes sir." He let go smiling. "Liam, you better take good care of her." "I will dad." "You better." "We'll see you guys later. She left some stuff at her house." "Alright bye sweetie." "Bye mum." "Bye Mitchie!" "Bye Karen! Bye Geoff!" We shut the door to the house and hopped into his car. "Babe...?" "Yeah?" "I'm at a pay phone." "Are you trying to call home?" "Yeah. I spent all of my change on you." "Where have the times gone?" "Baby it's all wrong. Where are our plans for two?" That's as far as we got before we started laughing. "Liam!" "What!" He said mocking me. I stuck out my tongue and grabbed his hand. "Rap Wiz Khalifa's part!" "Alright. Give me a second." He cleared his throat and begun.

"I'll be out spending all this money

While you're sitting 'round wondering

Why it wasn't you who came up from nothing

Made it from the bottom

Now when you see me I'm stuntin'

And all cars start with the push of a button

Telling me the chances I blew up or whatever you call it

Switch the number to my phone so you never could call it

Don't need my name on my show, you can tell it I'm ballin

Swish, what a shame, could have got picked

Had a really good game but you missed your last shot

So you talk about who you see at the top

Or what you could have saw

But sad to say it's over for

Phantom pulled up, valet open doors

Wiz like go away, got what you was looking for

Now it's me who they want

So you can go and take that little piece of poop with you."

"That was really good!" "Thanks." About that time, we pulled into the driveway of my old house. "I'll be right back Li." "Okay." He kissed me quickly before I ran in. I went up to my room and looked for it. Nope. Not in here. I ran downstairs to the living room and checked there. Yup. Right where I left it. I really should've checked here first. I was about to walk out the door but got stopped. My eyes were covered by someone's hands. "Liam! Stop! Let's go." "I'm not Liam you little slut."