Chapter 4

Emily's PoV

Everything was finally falling into place. Matthew and renesmee were growing up together, at a quick rate but not too fast. I wasn't panicking like the others, since I had a feeling that they were gonna be just fine, they'll stop growing eventually and stay immortal.

I spent every waking minute with my son, teaching him how to read, write and talk. He was amazing, I couldn't get over how beautiful he is.

I watched from the other side of the room.

"He's beautiful isn't he?" Esme says.

I smile, "he's the most precious to me. I finally know why my parents were so protective. They just wanted me to stay happy and safe."

"And he will be Emily, look at the joy you and Bella have brought to this family," she states, "I'm so grateful that you girls brought my sons the happiness they deserve."

I blush a little, "Jasper brought me back to life too."

She smiles at me, "go be with your son."

I smile and walk over to Matthew.

"Mummy, look at this," my little boy states running over to me.

He hands me a picture.

"It's a family portrait, there's you and daddy. Then there's aunt Bella and uncle Edward," he states, pointing at all the different people.

"It's wonderful, Matty," I respond giving him a hug.

He replies with a massive yawn.

I smile, "are you tired, sweetie."

He nods.

I move over to the sofa, and pat next to me. He climbs up and sits in my lap.

"Do you want me to read you a story?" I ask.

His eyes widen in excitement and he nods enthusiastically.

"Story?!" Renesmee exclaims rushing over.

I nod.

She grins and sits next to me.

I then read them part of a fairytale:

Once upon a time, there was two sisters, twins in fact. They moved to a new and magical place, covered in fairy dust and snowflakes. The two girls attended a school, held in a magnificent castle. There they met their princes, and started an adventure of a lifetime. They fought through everything, evil storms, grizzly bears and dark wizards. When one of the princesses got kidnapped by a disgusting creature, the two princes and the remaining princess went on a quest to save her. Together they killed the creature with an enchanted sword, saving the princess. They all went home back to their little kingdom, and lived happily ever after....

Once I had finished both children were fast asleep on me. I notice Bella had joined us.

"What an interesting version of our lives," she says grinning.