The Bringer Of Death

Finn 

For a moment, it's like everything's silently spinning around me, but I'm unmoving. There's no sound as I watch Mom fold onto the floor, rocking her body with grief. There's no sound as Al and Joe fire their rifles at the shifters standing over my dad, forcing them back, blood dripping from their mouths. It's silent as Sang runs as fast as she possibly can to Dad with Luke leading the way.

My shifter eyes watch for any sign of breathing from his bare and bloody chest. Nothing.

I feel for his electricity. Nothing.

Sang's desperately trying to heal him, her hands on his neck.

It's no use.

He's gone.

My daddy... the strongest and bravest shifter in the world... is dead.

Sang

I keep drawing on that spark inside me, feeling it grow, and push it out my hands onto Ethan's mutilated neck.

Again, nothing.

Tears are streaming down my face. I can't help him. Luke's wolf whimpers, pressing his nose to Ethan's face then spins around as the wolves come back.

I can feel Finn's eyes on me.

He watched his dad die. He's watched me unable to save him.

Rage for Finn, rage for Holly, rage for Ethan, takes over and my eyes turn black as my wolf stirs.

It's time to fight.

I let out a snarl as I shudder and shift, my wolf now taking over. We stalk up next to Luke's wolf who's waiting for the three that killed Ethan to make their move.

They seem... gleeful.

F**k them.

My wolf's shaking, she's so full of adrenaline.

They lunge and we jump, crashing into them, ready to tear them to pieces.

Cole

Damn it.

F***ing sh*t!

While fighting my father, we see that Ethan's gone and watch Sang shift. We have to keep focused on the fight although her wolf draws us. I've never seen one so beautiful. My father's wolf bites our muzzle, tearing it and I hurl myself forward, forcing him on his back, a moment of panic in his eyes until Levi's wolf rams into me, knocking me off and ruining my kill bite.

We steady our legs, preparing to face the impossible task of my father and brother, when Owen's wolf is suddenly next to us.

Alright then.

Finn

Seeing Sang and Luke fight the shifters that killed Dad shakes me from my shock.

My eyes go black and I let out the loudest roar I can, choking on a sob.

It's then I feel a... spark, like Sang described, deep inside, is ignited. Warmth spreads through my body and into my bones as my eyes warm in a different manner, a slight haze to my vision. I know my eyes are glowing and I reach inside, drawing at my wolf, deciphering what it means.

What my ability is.

It hits me and I let out a low growl, charging to the door.

They don't know what they've messed with.

Sang has the ability to save someone, to give life.

I bring death.