Tell Me About Your Father

June

I'm exhausted. My poor feet. It's been a long day but a good one. I like having my own job and the atmosphere here is friendly and fun. Joe showed me the ropes early this morning before he had to go get supplies for the diner. Another waitress, Donna, helped me too. After that I was mostly on my own but with assistance from Victor and North. They're nice young men. I'm glad Sang's getting to know them. She needs friends.

My shift's about over when a good looking, tall, young man about the age of eighteen comes in the diner. He has a definite air of confidence about him. His black hair and blue eyes are striking and the scruff on his face makes him very masculine. He gives me a handsome smile and strolls up to the counter I'm wiping down.

"You're new."

I smile at him. "Yes, I just started today."

"It's nice to see a pretty face instead of all the ugly mugs that usually are working here," he teases.

I chuckle, "I guess that's a matter of opinion. Can I get you something to eat?"

"I'm actually here to see if any of the guys are in today."

I'm assuming he means the ones that live with Joe. "North and Victor are in the kitchen."

"Perfect."

"Who should I say is here?"

"Levi," he grins.

I nod and go to the kitchen to find them. "Someone named Levi is here to see you."

They both stop short of what they're doing and look at each other. North looks irritated and Victor concerned. "I'll go see what he wants," North tells Victor.

Victor nods and I see him take his cell phone from his pocket before I follow North back out. I stop at the counter to continue with my cleaning as North strides past Levi and heads to the front door. "What do you want?" I hear him growl.

"I'm here to deliver a message." The friendly tone has left Levi's voice as he follows North outside.

Sang

As I finish setting the table, the guys come in.

The quiet house is immediately filled with chatter and laughing. Grandpa seems to really be enjoying himself with them. He's having what looks like a light hearted conversation with Nathan and Silas. I'm glad those two seem to be getting along. Silas seemed angry with Nathan earlier.

I watch as Luke and Gabe go the kitchen, they disappear from my sight, but I hear Grandma start giggling. Grandpa shouts out, "Hey, now, that's my girl you're kissing!" He has a big grin on his face, though. I smile and shake my head, knowing now what they were doing.

The guys all disperse to wash for dinner. Grandpa calls over to me, "Sang, show Kota and Owen where your bathroom is so they can use it, please."

I nod and look over at them. "It's this way," I say as I go up the stairs to my room. They follow behind.

I'm fortunate to have my own bathroom attached to my room. It was originally my mother's bedroom, but she insisted I have it and she took the guest room and uses the other small bathroom upstairs.

I lead them to my room, grateful I cleaned it up a bit earlier. They enter, looking around, and the room suddenly seems so small.

"It's a nice room," Kota smiles.

"Thank you. I still have a few boxes left to unpack, but it's getting there."

He sees my stacks of books. "You like to read."