My Name is Three (Chapter nineteen)

NB: the following vocal recording (40265) was made in Cell 859 of Eden 28's Prison Complex F, and is the resumation of a series of 18 vocal recordings of a prisoner previously held in Cell 84 of Prison Complex B. The last of these recordings was made two weeks and five days prior to this date.

For further information, consult the appropriate Adminstrative body.

21:45pm

[click]

[pause 16.5s]

"Err... It's been a long time since..."

[pause 3.5s, voices]

"OK, right..."

[pause 11s]

"I've been moved to a different cell. I've no idea why, but that's what's happened. It's exactly the same as the other one, except I can't hear rain on the roof anymore. So... That probably means I'm deeper underground... than before."

[pause 15.5s]

"And... because it's been a few weeks - I've no idea how long exactly, because you can't tell day from night in here - because it's been a long time, it's really obvious... that I'm pregnant."

[pause 12s]

"It still sounds so strange."

[pause 21.5s]

"Over the last - however long it is -I've... been put through all kinds of tests and, and medical examinations. Every... well, I know for certain now that it's a girl. The baby. Maira."

[pause 9s]

"The doctors and Administrators... the ones that were examining me, I mean... they were the first people I'd seen in... I don't know how long."

[pause 47.5s]

"No-one's told me anything about what's going to happen, though, when it... when she's born. What's going to happen to her... or me."

[pause 23.5s]

"I wish I knew just a little. I wish that -"

[pause 12s, voices]

"... Fine, OK. That's one thing that hasn't changed, anyway."

[pause 3s]

"I... this is going to sound strange... I miss the other two. The two that were here before, recording me. I mean, I didn't like them, but... I was... used to them, I guess."

[pause 6.5s, voices]

"OK, right, fine, fine."

[pause 23.5s]

"... Well, I think I'd got up to.. to where Eight was telling me about Eden 28 being a target. Is that right?"

[pause 32s]

[pause 7.5s, voices]

"Alright, OK..."

[pause 17.5s]

"I..."

"The thing you have to understand is that... after that... there wasn't a lot that happened, at least not immediately."

[pause 33.5s]

"What I mean is... after that, it was a few weeks until... until what happened, happened. And it'd be difficult to describe what happened from day to day..."

[pause 17.5s, voices]

"OK... well... OK, I remember that I spent the rest of that day... just in that building. It felt weird at first, because none of them really talked to me very much. They kind of... except for Six, and obviously Eight, and Twelve and Two... they tended not to speak very much, at least to me."