My name is Three (Chapter 2)

--Vocal recording 66393--Cell 84--

      21:47pm 

[click]

[pause 29s]

"11 days now. Until I'm sentenced."

[pause 14.5s]

"Where did we leave off, then... Oh yeah. My parents."

[pause 18s]

"I - I said I killed them, didn't I?"

[pause 27s, voices]

"Thought so."

[pause 31s]

"It's true, as well. I mean, really true. I don't mean, like,  they died and it was my fault. Metaphors like that are a waste of everybody's time."

[pause 17.5s]

"I really killed them."

[pause 19s]

"OK, here goes..."

[pause 25s]

"It was about two months before I was brought to... Where I am now"

[pause 5s, voices]

"Yeah, I know where I am. Not hard to guess, is it?"

[pause 12.5s]

"I'm in Eden 28."

[pause 97s, voices]

"I didn't need to be told. It's the only place they send people like me, isn't it?"

[pause 24s] 

"So, anyway, it was two months ago. Everything was happening as normal. The television was set to the news channel"

[pause 31s]

"It's strange. My parents spoke to me that morning, of course they did, but - but I can't remember a single word they said."

[pause 7.5s]

"But... I remember every item on the news. From that day. Word-for-word. The announcer was saying that there had been another attack on London - a new gang this time, they were calling themselves the Deus Ex Machina; and Eden 28 - a different branch of it to the one I'm in, obviously - had produced another 10,000 children from its breeding division."

[pause 45s]

"I wonder if that's where I'll end up. In the breeding division. It's possible, I suppose - a lot of female criminals get sent there as part of their sentence. There was a joke - people used to say it counted as community service." [laughter]  

[pause 30s]

"I don't want to end up in breeding."

[pause 16.5s]

" Can I have a break, please?"

[click]

                       ***

[click]

[pause 11s]

"OK... after the news, my mind is just a blank."

[pause 5.5s]

"I don't remember anything -about the rest of the morning, about the rest of the day until... until I got back home from college."

[pause 12s, voices]

"I went to London New College. I studied English Language and Pre-Manuductive History. It was while I was there that I first thought what an idiotic name "Manuductive" is for a governmental system. Anyway, that's besides the point."

[pause 27s]

"when I got home..."

[pause 17s] 

"My house was...burning." 

[pause 16.5s]

"And... and my parents... They..."

[pause 45s]

"My mum and dad..."

[pause 207s]

"... They were... Burning too."

[pause 18s, voices]

[raised voice] "Of course I didn't know what had happened! Do you... Are you..."

[loud tearing noises {prob. hair} 18s]

[pause 90s]

"Of course I didn't know. I'd find out, later, after I joined the Deus Ex Machina, but at the time... "

[pause 45s]

"For ages, I just looked at them. Burning in front of me. And - after a while - I realised they were... Still moving. And -I thought about how much, how much it must have hurt, and they looked up at me, and I - I think they tried to speak. They couldn't, though; the smoke must have damaged their throats, and I thought that... If I could just stop it them hurting - I couldn't have saved them, they were too badly burnt... And I remembered... The, the knives in the kitchen..."

[pause 12s]

"I think you can guess the rest."

[pause 34s, voices]

"Leave me alone."

[click]

Hope u enjoyed chapter 2 - gimme some feedback, guys!!

 4 those of u interested, the 3rd installment's on its way - the really good bit (I hope) has yet to come!

Thanx to the 2 people (at least, as I'm writing this it's 2) who voted 4 the first part - cheers guys, even I didn't think it was that good!

One more thing: I realise I may not have given enough background info here. The Manuductive and all that is perfectly normal to Three and the people who speak to her, so none of them feel any need to xplain it. I'm thinking of doing a kind of companion guide - availible on wpad, obvisly - that gives a bit more xplanation and backstory. If u think this is a good idea, plees say so in the comments section!